Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

lifting an s-10

ajamato86
05-29-2005, 12:05 PM
i have a 1998 2 wheeldrive s-10 reg cab, and i was wondering whats the cheapest and esiest way to lift the truck a little, around 2 inches with minimal effect to ride quality

m3gumby
05-29-2005, 08:48 PM
get a body lift

ajamato86
05-29-2005, 11:21 PM
i want a suspension lift, not a body lift

OverBoardProject
05-29-2005, 11:36 PM
Spindles up front, and shackles in the back
http://www.truckn-store.com/product_list.asp?id=2205
Also try a google search for the parts

ajamato86
05-30-2005, 09:51 AM
by usuing spindles and shackles do i need new shocks or can i keep my stock ones, and for the spindles...do i need to add extra brake line?

OverBoardProject
05-30-2005, 10:11 AM
You will probably need different shocks with the shackles, but probably not with the spindles.
Spindles should keep the geometry the same, although I would still get an alignment.
And with the brake lines, it really depends on how long your are to start with. They are often made longer that they have to be. You might need a longer 1 in the back too.
If you need longer brake hoses your local parts store can make them up for you. If not just get a steel line extension made up.

whitetrash982
06-01-2005, 03:15 AM
with spindles and shackles , you will need longer shocks...if you go over a bump to big to fast , you could pull the shock tube right out of the case , you might not need new brake lines , with such a smalll lift , you may be able to get away with bending the brake line bracket to work or mount it lower , and you dont need an alignment with just the spindles , least you shouldent if you get a quality part , all lift spindles do is take the factory spindle and lower the spindle arm on it , but for s-10 , they usually only make 3" spindles , and 2" shackles , but you should be ok cuz the front usually rides a bit lower in the front then the back , and heres a good website to look for parts.... www.truckin.com

ajamato86
06-01-2005, 06:12 PM
alright, 1st of all how much would it cost to get spindles and shackled installed, what type of shock would i need?

and if i raised my truck and put tires that are a little larger on...like a 225 or 235/75/15 would it affect my fuel milage or power in any way?

ajamato86
06-03-2005, 05:25 PM
also, is there any cheaper place other then truckin.com to get spindles, they cost 300$. what is the average price for spindles...and is there any cheaper alternative for the front end

rlith
06-04-2005, 07:26 AM
also, is there any cheaper place other then truckin.com to get spindles, they cost 300$. what is the average price for spindles...and is there any cheaper alternative for the front end

Try www.jegs.com and www.summitracing.com. 300 bux for spindles though is about right.

ajamato86
06-04-2005, 05:06 PM
cause of the price of spindles i might lift the rear this summer and the front next summer, would lifting the rear 2 inchs and not the front make the truck look too rediculous lol? also, when lifting do i need any extra components like sway bars etc..i dont know to much about suspension so all the help is needed and greatly appreciated

dmbrisket 51
06-05-2005, 11:31 AM
if you want to know how it would look, stick a jack under your rear bumper, and with a tape measure, pump untill it hits 2 inches higher then it was, and there ya have it, what it would look like liften the rear 2"

OverBoardProject
06-05-2005, 01:54 PM
dmbrisket 51 is right, that'll give you an idea how it'll look

I wouldn't even consider just lifting the back this year. In my opinion that'll look awful.

If money is the issue give it that much dreaded body lift until you can afford to do it right. You might just be happy with that alone, or want to go higher anyways.
Once you lift a truck once it's never high enough until you need a ladder to get in

dmbrisket 51
06-05-2005, 03:23 PM
exactly why i told him to do it, it wouldnt look right, only time you put the back end up like that is when your 68 camaro has 600 rwhp and its set on a stright line with slicks on it, not a truck, not a later model street truck for sure

Add your comment to this topic!