Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mount amp on back of seats?

BoNkA10
05-28-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm currently putting together my sound system and have been faced with the biggest problem of all: not enough room for my amps! Basically I'm going to have to replace the factory amp with one of mine, which is fine since it's under the seat and takes up no room. My sub amp however, there is really nowhere to put it and mounting it on the box is not an option. It'd be nice to build something to mount it on, but the design of the trunk is pretty bad and we have that raised area right behing the back seats along with the curved sides. It seems my only option is to mount the amp on the back of the seats, but I'm not exactly sure how well this will work. I doubt there's anything on the seats that I can screw into, so I'm wondering how exactly I can do this?

Any help is appreciated.

4g63gst20
05-28-2005, 11:21 AM
i installed mine where the spare tire is, i took the spare tire off, and just put some of the plastic that come with a package everytime you order something from the net, i don't what it's called tho.., it's sometihng that protects the product from getting damaged, and, it's like a plastic bag with bubles, it works great for me,

Urban_Squrill
05-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I put mine on the back of my seat. The first way I had it set up was I drilled holes in the metal bracing in the seat and used sheet metal screws. I also had it set up where I had a capeted board attached to the seat then the amps to that. That way looks better.

drewh4386
05-28-2005, 01:51 PM
I mounted mine on the back of my box cause I'm a little leary about drilling holes and having no spare. Face it the eclipse is a small interior wise car. especially the spyder.

nova1313
05-28-2005, 11:36 PM
sometimes i wonder if the interior was an afterthought on the spyder...

Designer 1: Where do you sit?
Designer 2: Oh thats right I guess we need seats and lets throw a ledge in the back.. I mean seats... for children so it looks like there is room.

Mind you I can fit however under my top with it down (the part in the trunk)... If you pull off the panel in the truck it's like the trunk they forgot to add in there... It's nice I'm not sure if it stays dry though. i really need to do more investigating. I want to expand my trunk... I mean hole in my car for one bag..

On the spyder I have support bars that cross behind my seat. I have an amp on them. I dunno if the coupe has those....

fiberglasscivic
06-17-2005, 09:10 AM
If you are good with wood working I would build a carpeted amp rack that sits on the ledge behind the seats. It's possible to mount it to the seat but it's a pain in the butt to hide the wires, but it can be done. The metal plate you would mount the amp to is hollow enough for you to not have to worry about your screws going through anything important and it would be easier to hide the wires.

rs97eclipse1695
08-06-2005, 11:53 PM
heres my amp on my seat....it can be done

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/916000-916999/916301_17_full.jpg

Shpyder
08-08-2005, 12:45 PM
I just had a custom enclosure made to fit the trunk for 2 12s for my spyder. We actually used hood pins for a quick release mechanism. Will post pics soon. Amp was hidden away though, behind the cross-bars ni the trunk with the cardboard taken away.

Add your comment to this topic!