Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

s10 fan problems

cowsrule
05-27-2005, 02:45 PM
1991 Chevy s10 2WD

hi, i dont know the correct terms for anything so sorry in advance..
so the other day i noticed my truck was making this funny sound. so i tell my friend to take a look at it and it looks like the fan at the front infront of the engine (radiator fan ?) is wobbling all over the place and hitting the sides of its little "compartment" (shroud?). So my friend suggested i tighten the bolts perhaps because maybe its loose. So i got another buddy to look at it and he says its now the ball bearings and i need to replace those? I was wondering what you guys think it is?

oh and my second problem... when i try to step on the gas sometimes it feels like no gas is getting through and it makes like this stalling type sound and the car gets all funny on me and doesnt accelerate... i was told it was my fuel filter or something and Fuel Injector can clean that out ?

thanks in advance

OverBoardProject
05-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Well your fan probelm is either the fan clutch or the water pump.
Chevy doesn't have the best water pumps in the world so I would almost bet money on that.
Either way you'll have to replace the unit, not the bearings.
If you wiggle the fan and see the pullies under the fan moving back and forth with the fan it's the water pump.
The job isn't too hard

You should replace the fuel filter from time to time. And if you don't your fuel pump is more likely to stop working. Which is a big job and probably close to 150.00 U.S. for the part. around 200 here in Canada

Plus I would think that your truck could really use a good tune up.
If you do a search on this site it should tell you what to replace somewhere.

cowsrule
05-27-2005, 11:31 PM
awesome man thank for all the info i really appreciate it

Add your comment to this topic!