300C Dyno results pre and post K&N

Imnail
05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
I had my 06 300C put on the dyno pre K&N and Post K&N. No one seemed to know what sort of power this would give. Some thought very little others just plain didnít know. So I had to find out and see the numbers.

I had Al over at Los Angles Performance Division in Chatsworth CA work with me on this project. Turns out this engine runs rich. Itís perfectly set up for bolt ons that make it breath easier and exhaust faster.

All I can say is, Wow, amazing. K&N claims 20HP gains with this. They sold themselves short actually. Results are HUGE gains in the low end, can really feel the engine pull hard earlier in acceleration. Iíll see what I can do to scan the results and post them here.

Also, I am set up to put a set of Dynatech headers on my 300C in 3 weeks (seems they are backordered). The last car that LAPD put these headers on got over 40 HP to wheels with them, (I am being conservative too I think what I saw on his Dyno results were mid to high 50s but I forget).

Mike
Glendale CA

MagicRat
06-21-2005, 05:29 AM
Chrysler themselves say even the small factory SRT 8 headers are worth 12 hp on their own. I think decent hearders and aftermarket exhaust should net 40 hp.

Add your comment to this topic!