Stereo Questions from a new J30 owner

sentinal77
05-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Hey all, just bought a 93 J30 with 101K miles on it. Absolutely love it. Never owned an infiniti before, but already I think I may buy a new one at a later point. Anyway, to my question: My bose cd player doesn't play CDs and I am interested in replacing it with a jvc head unit. I have read a bit about aftermarket installs for the j30 from the other threads. None of those threads seem to deal with the 93 model year. I noticed one thread that you can use the same install kit for a maxima, however that was for a 95 model maxima and j30. From what I have been reading, the 93 and 95 have a little different stereo setup. So I am wondering if anyone knows of exactly what installation kit (trim kit) I need to purchase for the J30. I am installing a DIN size not the double din or oversize. I also plan on bypassing the amps that are installed on the speakers so I can use my amp that is on the JVC. Any help is appriciated! Thanks!

sparkeykev
07-21-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey all, just bought a 93 J30 with 101K miles on it. Absolutely love it. Never owned an infiniti before, but already I think I may buy a new one at a later point. Anyway, to my question: My bose cd player doesn't play CDs and I am interested in replacing it with a jvc head unit. I have read a bit about aftermarket installs for the j30 from the other threads. None of those threads seem to deal with the 93 model year. I noticed one thread that you can use the same install kit for a maxima, however that was for a 95 model maxima and j30. From what I have been reading, the 93 and 95 have a little different stereo setup. So I am wondering if anyone knows of exactly what installation kit (trim kit) I need to purchase for the J30. I am installing a DIN size not the double din or oversize. I also plan on bypassing the amps that are installed on the speakers so I can use my amp that is on the JVC. Any help is appriciated! Thanks!

I have a wiring diag for the Nissan will try to attach it for you
cant attach email me and I will post it to you

mikenearmilwaukee
07-22-2005, 08:43 AM
This might sound silly, but Best Buy and Circut City, American etc, install car stereos for free around here... I've seen their work and its better then anything I could do. I think any stereo that will need a "trim kit" will always just look bad. Just get the right size stereo, and have em put in for you. Easy. Plus since we have such a huge space to fill you can get one of the ones with dolphins jumping around, and zebras... LOL

:P

Add your comment to this topic!