Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My '87 Coupe

351wStang
05-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Well I after searching for what seemed like forever I finally found a little fox body coupe for my 351w project.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/115932IMG_0027_2_-med.JPG

This is just a quick pic, but what do you all think?

I know the light blue scoop, duck tail spoiler, ground fx, and light blue body molding have to go along with the wheels. But the body is absolutely straight as an arrow and the interior although blue as well is in pretty good shape to be 18 years old.

This was a 4cyl car that someone did a pitiful job of swapping a 5.0 into. The motor was a fuel injected 302 (not sure what its out of) with the fuel injection stripped off. They put a Weiand intake and 600cfm Holley 4bbl on an otherwise stock 302. They even used speaker wire to tie the 4cly AC compresser to the fender. The car has a C4 tranny that leaks fluid bad. The fluid looks almost as clear as water anyway. Not to mention they nearly caved the tranny pan in punching a hole in it for a drain plug. I'm not even sure if the car has the 4cyl rearend or an 8.8 rearend under it. I got home from work today and started the car so that I could try to tune on the carb some in order to get it running a little better. Well how bout that luck...the starter hangs wide open. So no tuning just fighting to get the starter around the huge C4 bellhousing.

Obviously this car doesnt run like a champ. But I got the straight body and decent interior I was looking for. I think I got a deal paying $1550 for it since it will run and drive with a new starter and a trunk full of fluids.

fordtrucksonly
05-26-2005, 10:21 PM
I'm liking it, Thats basically how my '91 hatch is, I found it sitting on the edge of a field with no motor or transmission in it. I had a buddy that works in a junk yard in Florida bring me a 302 out of a '93 coupe that had 60-someodd thousand miles on it, we installed that two weekends ago and are looking for a pro series T5 because the procharger I'm getting will more than likely rip out the 2nd gear on a stock T5. So props to you on your find and the best of luck on the building of what seems to be an awesome car. And hopefully my little project will be the same.

HiFlow5 0
05-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Nice lil project.

tturnpaw
05-27-2005, 11:39 AM
all that stuff isnt a problem anyway. when you upgrade and put the 351W in there, i can imagine you will be changing about 90% of the drivetrain anyway, so there isnt a problem with that whole setup. great find!

GTStang
05-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Finish the GT GFX conversion or take the sideskirts off it looks bad like that:evillol:

Otherwise good lil project.

TheStang00
05-28-2005, 03:18 PM
cant wait to see what it does with a 351 in it :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!