Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlight on all the time

yomamasezhi21
05-26-2005, 09:19 PM
I have a 2003 Chevy Tracker zr2. The headlights stay on all the damn time and it is annoying. Does anyone know how to turn this off or if it is even possible. Thank you

Phu
05-27-2005, 04:52 AM
I have a 2003 Chevy Tracker zr2. The headlights stay on all the damn time and it is annoying. Does anyone know how to turn this off or if it is even possible. Thank you

Those are called Daytime Running Lights (DRL's). You should be able to pull the parking brake one click up to turn them off without actually applying the parking brake.

How are the DRLs annoying? You can't see them. It's a safety feature to make yourself more noticeable to other motorists. The only real reason to disable the DRLs is so you can 'black out', but even then, unless your in law enforcement/security/etc, why would you need to black out?

ggcatt
06-01-2005, 12:05 PM
The other way to disable the DRL's is to move the ignition switch back slightly, such that the engine and accessories continue to run, but the DRL's turn off. I find this better that lifting the parking brake lever one notch at a drive through or other waiting spot. I can continue to move without disengaging the brake. On the highway I always keep the DRL's on.

Add your comment to this topic!