Standard equipment 30 years from now.

Musashi3000GT
05-26-2005, 04:07 PM
I was talking to a older fellow here where I work and he was telling me that the reason he like the older cars is cause he understands them. His son just got a new Land Rover and he says its more of a space shuttle then a car. he said it had too many gadgets and features.
I dunno, I never even been in a Landrover.
So it got me thinking, 30 years ago there was no rearview cameras, no GPS, no onstar, no headlights that turn in the dirrection of your stearing, no voice command, preset mirror and seat recognition, no remote ignition, no electronic suspension. most of the fancy features we see today would of been Sci-fi 30 years ago.
Anyone ever wonder what fancy features we will be seeing 30 years from now? that new thing Dodge has done to thier engine, where it dissengages four out of 8 cylinders is preaty cool, 4 years ago I would of said it be bull and pointless but now its kinda cool.

What features would you guys like to see in a 2035 model?

clawhammer
05-26-2005, 04:13 PM
0 emissions motor that get 100 mpg and it uses water

Sub-10 second cars that come that way from the factory and last 500,000 miles

Brakes that can slow your 8000 pound SUV from 70 to 0 in less than 100 feet.

Over 2 g's on the skidpad

500,000 mile tires.

Gohan Ryu
05-26-2005, 04:28 PM
A General Electric GAU-8/A Avenger seven barreled 30 mm Gatling rotary cannon that shoots depleted uranium rounds - mounted on the hood.

And a cupholder large enough to hold a 7-11 Big Gulp.

Ace$nyper
05-26-2005, 04:46 PM
no headlights that turn in the dirrection of your stearing,
its steering and 2nd its an old ass idea just coming back me I forget exactly what car but i'm thinkin Cord. Also there was fuel injection in the 30s. not to jack thread just wanted to add that.

but alot of this new stuff is older stuff that is just coming back so to me feeling what'll be out is a flop now but when we make the tech a little better it'll be a cool common place.

dampachi
05-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Lasers.

mason_RsX
05-26-2005, 05:59 PM
A Honda V-8 :lol: I know...thats low

How about a self drive car for those hung over mornings driving to work...that would be magical...plus ppl who suck at driving need not actually have to drive anymore

GritMaster
05-26-2005, 06:03 PM
The disengaging cylinders to increase fuel efficency is an old Cadillac? Idea too i beleive.

-Josh-
05-26-2005, 07:02 PM
It's an idea that's been around but has failed miserably up until the recent reintroduction of it.

I would guess... The cars will drive themselves....

-The Stig-
05-26-2005, 07:06 PM
no headlights that turn in the dirrection of your stearing,

that new thing Dodge has done to thier engine, where it dissengages four out of 8 cylinders is preaty cool, 4 years ago I would of said it be bull and pointless but now its kinda cool.

Headlights that turn with your steering... been done. Back in 1948.

Preston Tucker built Tucker Automobiles, he built 48 cars.
http://auto.indiamart.com/cars/photo-gallery/gifs/vintage3.jpg
# Engine: H-6 (horizontally opposed), ohv, 335 ci (4.50 x 3.50 in. bore x stroke), 7.0:1 compression ratio, 166 bhp, 372 lbs/ft torque.
# Size: 128" wheelbase, 219" overall length, 60" height, 79" width, 4200 pounds.
# Performance: 0-60 in 10 seconds, est. top speed 120 mph
# Original (projected) price: $2450
# Current value: from about 1/4 million to 1/2 million (Tucker #1030 sold at auction in March, 1996 for $259,000)
# Yes, it could go in reverse

And cylinder deactivation has been used by Cadillac back in the 1980s, My friend had a 1981 Cadillac Fleetwood with the 368ci V8 with the 8-6-4 cylinder deactivation. When my buddy and I drove out to Kentucky from California his brother drove his '81 Fleetwood. And averaged 18-22mpg on the highway with A/C blowing constantly. Which I might add was the coldest A/C i've ever experianced. I shit you not frost like fog would come out of the vents it was so cold. One of the most comfortble leather seats I've been in as well.
http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/sedan_domestic/1981_Cadillac_Fleetwood.jpeg

Anywho, Dodge isn't special for using it. GM has been using DOD (displacement on demand) for a few years now with the V8 motors in SUVs and Cadillac Sedans.

Dodge just adapted it to their motors, good move on their part. Although they need to put it on the Hemi's in their trucks. they're rated at 14city/18hwy mpg but they get around 10city/14hwy mpg. People were all for the new Dodges and Hemi power, which aren't all that quick, and are wishing they got the EPA estimations. Their maybe a class act in the future for 'false advertising'. Who knows?

CivRacer95
05-26-2005, 07:26 PM
I say in the future, we just have teleports to go wherever we want to go.

For the feel of a "driving" experience, just go virtual reality. Go as fast as you want with whatever car you want. If you wreck, nobody gets hurt. No police, no tickets, no pedestrians. Just go as you please, wherever you please all in a completely fictional place made up through computer graphics.

-Josh-
05-26-2005, 07:30 PM
GM is also currently using DOD in their new FWD 5.3 Litre V8, such as the one in the new Grand Prix GXP.

That would suck civ...

CivRacer95
05-26-2005, 07:34 PM
GM is also currently using DOD in their new FWD 5.3 Litre V8, such as the one in the new Grand Prix GXP.

That would suck civ...

I know, I've been kickin back a few. Mind's a little foggy. Like McDonalds use to say "it could happen". Heh...

TheStang00
05-26-2005, 07:40 PM
A General Electric GAU-8/A Avenger seven barreled 30 mm Gatling rotary cannon that shoots depleted uranium rounds - mounted on the hood.

that thing would stop your car and make you go backwards lol. 70 rounds a second... i would say hydrogen motors would be comon place but the oil companies bought all the rights to that technology so it will never be advanced.

xXxRocker5150
05-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Headlights that turn with your steering... been done. Back in 1948.

Preston Tucker built Tucker Automobiles, he built 48 cars.
http://auto.indiamart.com/cars/photo-gallery/gifs/vintage3.jpg
# Engine: H-6 (horizontally opposed), ohv, 335 ci (4.50 x 3.50 in. bore x stroke), 7.0:1 compression ratio, 166 bhp, 372 lbs/ft torque.
# Size: 128" wheelbase, 219" overall length, 60" height, 79" width, 4200 pounds.
# Performance: 0-60 in 10 seconds, est. top speed 120 mph
# Original (projected) price: $2450
# Current value: from about 1/4 million to 1/2 million (Tucker #1030 sold at auction in March, 1996 for $259,000)
# Yes, it could go in reverse

And cylinder deactivation has been used by Cadillac back in the 1980s, My friend had a 1981 Cadillac Fleetwood with the 368ci V8 with the 8-6-4 cylinder deactivation. When my buddy and I drove out to Kentucky from California his brother drove his '81 Fleetwood. And averaged 18-22mpg on the highway with A/C blowing constantly. Which I might add was the coldest A/C i've ever experianced. I shit you not frost like fog would come out of the vents it was so cold. One of the most comfortble leather seats I've been in as well.
http://www.avonhill.com/thumbnails/sedan_domestic/1981_Cadillac_Fleetwood.jpeg

Anywho, Dodge isn't special for using it. GM has been using DOD (displacement on demand) for a few years now with the V8 motors in SUVs and Cadillac Sedans.

Dodge just adapted it to their motors, good move on their part. Although they need to put it on the Hemi's in their trucks. they're rated at 14city/18hwy mpg but they get around 10city/14hwy mpg. People were all for the new Dodges and Hemi power, which aren't all that quick, and are wishing they got the EPA estimations. Their maybe a class act in the future for 'false advertising'. Who knows?

I saw a documentary on those tuckers, and those things were built like tanks. They had a video of one of them that survived a 100 MPH role, and the drove it to the auto show and everything, not too much damage at all.

Don't mean to get off topic, so I think cars are gonna have those same jets that they use on the harrier air planes, so that cars will be able to fly.

CassiesMan
05-26-2005, 08:40 PM
I was talking to a older fellow here where I work and he was telling me that the reason he like the older cars is cause he understands them. His son just got a new Land Rover and he says its more of a space shuttle then a car. he said it had too many gadgets and features.

Old farts need to catch up to the 21st century. If GPS and climate control and steering wheel mounted controls are space shuttlish, then shit, call me an astronaut. EMBRACE THE FUTURE! Your not gonna stop it. Its like those people who complain about iDrive on the new BMWs. Yeah, it can be complicated if your blind or have never seen a computer in your life...

Anyways, I think that in the future, cars will be the same, just safer. And all be powered by some fancy ass 'enviromentally freindly' motor. And I'll be that one ass whole still driving around poluting the place becuase A)Im an evil Republican and B)So far, all the hybrid cars so far look gay.

TheStang00
05-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Old farts need to catch up to the 21st century. If GPS and climate control and steering wheel mounted controls are space shuttlish, then shit, call me an astronaut. EMBRACE THE FUTURE! Your not gonna stop it. Its like those people who complain about iDrive on the new BMWs. Yeah, it can be complicated if your blind or have never seen a computer in your life...

Anyways, I think that in the future, cars will be the same, just safer. And all be powered by some fancy ass 'enviromentally freindly' motor. And I'll be that one ass whole still driving around poluting the place becuase A)Im an evil Republican and B)So far, all the hybrid cars so far look gay.

amen... thatll be me too

Ridenour
05-26-2005, 09:47 PM
that thing would stop your car and make you go backwards lol. 70 rounds a second... i would say hydrogen motors would be comon place but the oil companies bought all the rights to that technology so it will never be advanced.

LOL. That's why they should put it on the roof - you can shoot it behind you at someone that's tailgating you - not only will it completely murdalize their vehicle, but it will also propel you forward to help you make a quick getaway.

Musashi3000GT
05-26-2005, 10:33 PM
The gattling gun idea is the coolest so far!

Acesnyper and Redneck, as always your automotive knowledge shines. I didnt know about the DOD being and 80's idea reinvented or about the Tuckers. Learn something new everyday.

I remember reading on Popular Mechanics and some automotive mag about a car that will come in three skins. basically the car's body is one piece, like a shell. you can snap it off the chasis and load on another shell. So the idea is you buy a single car but you get like three skins. one that looks like a regular sedan, one thats very sporty and very exotic looking and one thats like and SUV. each skin would also be functional, like the sporty one would have bad ass aerodynamics and weight next to nothing. the SUV would be flexible for rockclimbing or offroading and have light pods and stuff and the sedan had a temperature reactive body that would start to cool in on hot days or warm up in the cold.

Personally I would like to see cars that can clone or have nanobots to repair the car after a fender bender or after some old lady backs up and smacks you rear quarter panel in! Self repair is so cool! I would sell the idea to Mitsubishi and call it the 2035 Mitsubishi Wolvarine.

GForce957
05-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Haha wolverine, nice. Im guaranteeing that by 2035 all cars will come with popout ladies to give blowjobs. Maybe a little unsafe, but who cares?

xXxRocker5150
05-27-2005, 09:54 AM
lol, or you could just get a gf

CivRacer95
05-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Haha wolverine, nice. Im guaranteeing that by 2035 all cars will come with popout ladies to give blowjobs. Maybe a little unsafe, but who cares?

You are one sad man...:shakehead

Drifty
05-27-2005, 11:41 AM
the cars in 2035 will probably have a G-diffuser system to minimize g-forces and have Pratt Whitney 3500 jet engines comming out of the back of them and hover above the ground. then the F-Zero circuit will be born

drftk1d
05-28-2005, 03:51 PM
i want fucking F1 engines as an option.

Add your comment to this topic!