Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Buick Century Custom

Cecil501
05-26-2005, 11:05 AM
This car has 65000 miles on it. It has been taken to the dealer 3 times for the same problem:

Service Vehicle Soon, Antilock, and Trac Off lights coming on at the same time.

Repair consisted of Bearing and Hub Asslemby, Front Wheel on Right side, Replace. This happened at 44212 miles, AGAIN at 51176 miles AND now for the 3rd time at 65200 miles.

When the car is started, the 3 lights mentioned will come on after you start rolling and generally before a half mile is driven. If I stop the car, turn the engine completly off and then restart, I won't see it happen again until I get where I am going and then on starting the procedure happens all over again.

In addition 2 times I have felt a real rough feeling while slowing down a couple of times, but I have new Rotors and pads.

This is the first time I ever owned a car and had to do the same repair 3 times in 40000 miles. It had 24000 miles when we bought it. The car runs perfect and feels good all except the problem described.

WHY is that part failing? Is it something else causing that part to fail?

Thanks for any replies.

Cecil501

garyburnsjr
06-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Perhaps the wheel is not true (concentric).
should be detectable with a high speed wheel balancer at your local tire dealer, spinning freely the edge would wobble up and down on the balancer.
this could produce enough stress that would cause this kind of chronic failure.
wheel Could have been damaged by hitting a curb or road debris at high speeds.
wheel alignment should be checked as well.

Add your comment to this topic!