Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Does the VG30ET run interference timing?

Ghetto-z
05-26-2005, 10:23 AM
my cars got 7xxxx miles and original timing set, now it wont start, stuck in bumblefck NY i tested fuel and spark and its getting both, it just wont fuckin run, it turns over and im thinking that its the timing set, and if it runs interferance timing then my valves and maybe a few pistons are FCKED! any input

i guess its time to gut the bitch and install all the fun stuff in my garage (LT1 powertrain)

anyone looking for an intercooler kit (86), ball bearing turbo, HKS boost controller, 5 speed transmission, rear end, driveshaft, crossmember, motor mounts, ecu, all harnesses, digi dash, or an ENG that needs a rebuild (or maybe just a timing set?

stephenp
05-26-2005, 10:38 AM
me
where are you in ny
you may need the cam position sensor
thats what my did ran great then bam nothing '
but what do you want for the rebuildable or not engine ???
what about the rest????
throw out some prices id like the motor if you dont want to much
and yes its interference timing

stephenp
05-26-2005, 10:43 AM
i live in ny close to the pa border
trouble shooted a few things from the coil to cam sensor to a snapped belt blown head gasket faulty injector just to name a few
and now im sitting on a spun main or rod bearing so i gotta rip it out
i just fixed my cherry picker today so maybe ill do that this weekend..... if not ill pull my 350 out of my camaro to prep for my other camaro

Ghetto-z
05-26-2005, 10:57 AM
make me an offer, i have a wrecked LT1 in my shop, and that is going into my z so im not looking to profit, just recoup some of the loss.

i live on the island, right by the nassau suffolk border (half hour east of queens)

stephenp
05-26-2005, 09:19 PM
well hmm i guess at this moment im strappewd for cash and i,ike to see before i buy and i know i cant afford much more than the motor but it also depends what you want
also the turbo if misused may be worht very little depending on milage
i believe that with it being a ball bearing it is nonrebuildable
but the intercooler and piping what size is it???
what about the ecu is it a stocker reproggrammed or just aftermarket what brand is it??
also the blow off

what kinda cash you want for the intercooler the blow off pipng for intercooler and the motor??
also i would be driving to get or if i take it as a loss just a trip to see it you know.....
i hate to make prices i mean i picked up a 300zx 50th ann. and an 86 na along with a 83 280 all ran and ok condition for 1500
im now since you came with a engine perhaps ( i have shot bearings in mine and cost is 300 for a rering and bearing and the pricew to hone)and i came across a 280 auto that runs i may b able to pick up for 200 so yeah
im sorta broke all the time
allthough i got 2 weeks paid vacation and am looking to get a bit of cash

ok also i can pick up an engine for 140 that passes compresion test
although i cant get the turbo intercooler or anyhtng like that from a junk yard
so first what size is the intercooler and piping and where does it mount to?
what turbo is it and does it have any substantial endplay???
and you gotta gived me a price and ill decide if i wanna take the trip might just wanna e bay it though so you cn get some money out of it
also im hand and could give you a solid week of time helping with the swap
probably worh more than the whole setup but m,ost people dont trust antything but cash
just tossin up ideas
also im a carpenter that can lay a 4 room house of carpet before lunch lol
anyway you gotta tell me the price
or just e bay it for more dough
just give me a holler

stephenp
05-26-2005, 09:25 PM
also on the note of getting that to run troubleshooting them isnt too hard i feel like im raping you by not telling you that
does it turn over???
i think you said you tested spark so i think it must...
if it gets gas.... timing may be the issue....
boy why cant you live closer id be there still lol wede get her runnin and shed be a bad one ... you think your lt1 cwould beat it?? what psi are you pushing? with those mods and anb electric fan you should be pretty close witht the whole powewr to weight ratio... although i guess the torque all the makes up \for it
ok i see your point lol you win but let me know what you figure with the ideas i thew out there

Ghetto-z
05-27-2005, 05:59 PM
not parting out car, or swapping engine, selling the whole car, body damage and all, with the engine trans and stuff out of the Z28 (not installed) for $5000 to some 16 yo kid. thats more than i paid, and with the money i have from a hit and run a few years ago (finally 18, now i can waste it) i can buy a z33 track :) and have money for a turbo kit and other goodies :GRIN:

stephenp
05-28-2005, 11:03 PM
sounds sweet then aye good deals gotta let us know how iut works out too

Add your comment to this topic!