Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ABS problem

offroad4x2chevys10
05-26-2005, 03:31 AM
does any one know why the abs light would comeone when i drive over 90 mph and the brake light starts to flash too but if i slow down the lights are still on and to turn it off i have to shut the motor off and restart it but it only does it over 90 i could really use the help to this problem

rlith
05-26-2005, 05:22 AM
does any one know why the abs light would comeone when i drive over 90 mph and the brake light starts to flash too but if i slow down the lights are still on and to turn it off i have to shut the motor off and restart it but it only does it over 90 i could really use the help to this problem

Could be a loose connection at one of the sensors, or even balance. Are you running the same model of tires all the way around?

crazycory1
05-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Easy fix, don't speed. Just kidding. Does your truck have front wheel bearing play? My dads s-15 had wheel bearing play. Had so much play that the ring of teeth that the front wheel sensor reads hit the wheel sensor and shaved the top of the sensor off. His problem started like yours but then the sensor just opened. He had to replace the whole wheel bearing and the sensor.

offroad4x2chevys10
05-27-2005, 12:39 AM
Easy fix, don't speed. Just kidding. Does your truck have front wheel bearing play? My dads s-15 had wheel bearing play. Had so much play that the ring of teeth that the front wheel sensor reads hit the wheel sensor and shaved the top of the sensor off. His problem started like yours but then the sensor just opened. He had to replace the whole wheel bearing and the sensor.

no it has no bearing play i took off the sensor to look for any trash of something in there but it is clean thanx for the help

offroad4x2chevys10
05-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Could be a loose connection at one of the sensors, or even balance. Are you running the same model of tires all the way around?

yes i got the same modle of tires all the way around thanx for the help

J-Ri
05-27-2005, 03:54 AM
Have you rotated the tires at even intervals? If the rear have lost more tread than the front, they'll be a smaller diameter.

offroad4x2chevys10
05-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Have you rotated the tires at even intervals? If the rear have lost more tread than the front, they'll be a smaller diameter.

all wheels are new have had this problem since i got it 3 years ago

rlith
05-27-2005, 04:45 PM
all wheels are new have had this problem since i got it 3 years ago

At this point then you need to get the ABS codes pulled to find where the fault lies.

Add your comment to this topic!