Question about differential

ZackKVtec
05-26-2005, 01:20 AM
I put my rims on too early this year and ended up bubbling 3 tires and bending 2 rims on awesome New England roads. So yesterday i was going to get new tires to put my stock rims back on so i figured since there were bubbles in the tires already i would just roast the tires on my aftermarket rims. So i go to an industrial park with my friend and burn em up a couple times. Every single time i had perfect dual strips. I'll do it again and take some pictures to show you guys, but both tires def left strips like 15 feet long then when i shifted into second i got another set of two solid lines for another 10 feet or so. Can anyone tell me why this happens? I thought i would only have 1 strip when i burned out.

-The Stig-
05-26-2005, 02:27 AM
sounds like you've got an LSD unit.

Ridenour
05-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Deffinately. I would say you have a Limited Slip Differential for sure.

Polygon
05-26-2005, 11:08 PM
You have an LSD which locks your front wheels together. If you had an open diff then you would be doing peg leg burnouts.

-The Stig-
05-27-2005, 12:01 AM
If you had an open diff then you would be doing peg leg burnouts.

one wheel peel!!!

My Z supposedly has LSD, but half the time the right wheel spins when you get after it from a stop. But, sometimes it'll lock both and get all goofy hehe.

I think maybe the clutches in the LSD maybe worn out... it's odd!

dampachi
05-27-2005, 12:07 AM
one wheel peel!!!

My Z supposedly has LSD, but half the time the right wheel spins when you get after it from a stop. But, sometimes it'll lock both and get all goofy hehe.

I think maybe the clutches in the LSD maybe worn out... it's odd!

Sounds to me like your diff is done. Is it the stock unit?

drftk1d
05-28-2005, 02:48 PM
maybe the previous owner used an integra type r transmisson

ZackKVtec
05-28-2005, 07:57 PM
I got the car with 89k miles on it. It was completely stock supposedly. I talked to my buddy and he said most likely i was spinning both wheels cause i couldn't get equal traction, and because the half shafts on my car are of equal length. I dont think it really matters right now though, cause i just got my new tires and i can barely spin 2nd, i just shift and they chirp and stick. It's pretty cool. Oh yeah, and i massacred a Boxster today.... Sweet

Add your comment to this topic!