Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aftermarket Stereo wiring

Kimi4266
05-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Have a 92 Lumina Z34 with the Bose system. Anyone have any luck in wiring an aftermarket stereo? Wiring harnesses? Colors of factory wires go to what??? Got 12 wires need to know what color runs what, besides the 3 that run the power. Call me clueless :)

Kimi

tblake
05-25-2005, 10:31 PM
yeah, maybe. Try this website. It should explain a lot. Good luck. http://www.corvetteradios.com/Page.html

tblake
05-25-2005, 10:38 PM
or better yet, get a wire harness from somewhere like wal mart, so you dont have to cut that factory wiring, and then just hook like colors together from the aftermarket deck straight to the wireharness, and plug the wireharness right to the plug that unplugged from your deck. Thats what I did, just incase i sell my car and want to keep the deck. Also, here's a thought, you mentioned its a bose system. Does your car have a factory amp? You may need to buy some bypass unit from like, oh say best buy. I have no experience with stuff like that, sorry.

94"Che-rolet"Z34
05-27-2005, 09:26 PM
ok, i may be able to help you out here. i had the same setup as u did... the delco bose stereo w/ factory amp. and i have switched it out alread(actually within a matter of days). i managed to get it to work w/o buying the adapter(which can be bought at most any electronics department, including wal-mart) it will work w/o it, but it does not get near the full potential... in order to get it to hit as hard as it can and be as clear and crisp as the factory unit w/ an aftermarket cd deck, you will need the adapter. and then, all you have to do is hook the corresponding negtive and positive wires to the corresponding insert on the module... i was even able to wire mine for the 6x9's that i also have hooked up w/ much loss in sound and clarity at all. basically, get the wire harness, faceplate adapter, and the module and you can put almosy anything in. hope it helps. if you need i may be willing/able to get back into my dash and tell you the wiring...

Add your comment to this topic!