Transmission Issues

guferuss
05-25-2005, 08:44 AM
i have a 99 rodeo 2wd 6 cyl. automatic. Yesterday morning the transmission starting slipping in just about every gear accelerating and decelerating. I got it back home and waited for a ride to the mechanic. When i took it in in the afternoon it ran like a charm with no slipping at all. What in the world could this be? Fluid levels appear fine, no leaks, it has 75 k miles and has had all scheduled maintenence. I have owned since 15k miles.

amigo-2k
05-25-2005, 09:48 AM
when was the last time you had it flushed?

Does the gear indicator on the dash line up with the one on the floor (put it is D and then slightly push up or pull back and watch the dash to see if it changes).

Sliping trannies in Isuzu's is commonly caused by: Dirty fluid or low fluid. Change the fluid every 30k and everything will be fine.

guferuss
05-25-2005, 11:00 AM
It should have been done at the 60k service. I just spoke to the tech who said he got it to slip again (after having to drive it awhile). He said that a lot of GM's and just about every Taurus does something similar (i actually have a company car Taurus that did just exactly the same thing) and that a flush and an additive can correct the problem. They are going to flush it and add the additive and we'll see.
I'm not sure about the gear shift - i had the car at the shop before i read your post.

Add your comment to this topic!