Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TT tranny

ZmassacreTT
05-24-2005, 11:26 PM
aight, so my Twinzs is starting to bitch at me. sometimes when im shifting into 4th and/or 5th it will grind nasty style but i know i have hte clutch all the way down. one of my friends said it might be the throw out bearing and another one said it could be my synchros. so i was just wondering if anyone could help me out here?

ExTrEmEDrIfT
05-24-2005, 11:27 PM
hmm if it only does it in that one gear i would go with the synchros sthe are badly worn ... or who knows maybe you just dont disengage the clutch fully and grind it in that gear only lol

ok i would kick this kids ass for trying to show off in his car and doing what hes doing youll see what i mean .... NISSAN ABUSE ....

http://toprpm.com/videos/HKS_R32_GTR.wmv

DeleriousZ
05-25-2005, 12:03 AM
yep, that's your syncro's dude... you can either try and get it rebuilt, or shell out the cash for a new tranny... if it was your throwout bearing, it'd be making a terrible noise most of the time and just be a bitch all around. 5th gear syncro's aren't really all that important as long as you're not racing for top speed... it's the only one you can leave for a while before doing something about it...

ZmassacreTT
05-25-2005, 10:57 PM
aigh thax a lot guys.

Add your comment to this topic!