Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

d4 light flashes

jeffbey
05-24-2005, 11:07 PM
Has any 92 legend owners had this problem? about a month ago, the d4 light on the dash, flashes, then the speedometer moves erratically. i took it to a dealer, they say its a speed sensor. my main question is can i still drive the car, and will it do any damage to the tranny? the sensor by the way, is 350.00 just, for the part. The car shifts and runs normal. If anyone out there in legendland could help, it would be sincerly appreciated. Oh yeah, just a liitle secret, some honda dealers will work on acuras (92) thus , spending honda money, on acura labor.

Cutty4U
07-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Replace the speed sensor wll fix D4 flashing light. Replacement is very simple by removing three torque screws. Cost about $105 for sensor. Takes < 30 minutes if you have the right torque screwdriver (find one at Kragen store ~$10)

Good luck and have fun!

jeffbey
07-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Replace the speed sensor wll fix D4 flashing light. Replacement is very simple by removing three torque screws. Cost about $105 for sensor. Takes < 30 minutes if you have the right torque screwdriver (find one at Kragen store ~$10)

Good luck and have fun!
where do you buy the part?????i live in pgh, pa

Add your comment to this topic!