Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Shaking at 30-40 mph

clariveros
05-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Hello all,
My car is acting weird. Sometimes, it happens about twice a week. Sometimes I am driving between 30-40mph and the car starts shaking like there is no tomorrow. You know the wheel. When I turn off the car and get out of the car, it smells burned. What do you think it can be? Please help, 93 mx6 also just recently had the transmission tune up, and this started to happen after this was done, help?

Arnolds97
05-31-2005, 11:49 AM
I take it is an Automatic? Does it do it at shifts or just cruising? If it is doing it at shifts then I hope your mechanic put enough fluid in the transmission. Torque Converter shudder? Pull your Trans Dipstick check the level and see if the fluid is dark brown to black and smells burnt. If it is, Not Good. These cars are also notorious for bad CV joints too. Check them. The Small could be from a leak onto your exhaust so check for that. Some times when you get a cahnge they may spill fluid on the engine and takes awhile to burn off.

agatehawk
11-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Check your air intake hose, too. My car did what you're describing, and it turned out that the air intake hose had gotten some cracks in it. It was about a $70 part, and easy to replace.

MazdaX
11-29-2005, 03:08 AM
Check your air intake hose, too. My car did what you're describing, and it turned out that the air intake hose had gotten some cracks in it. It was about a $70 part, and easy to replace.

I don't see how a crack in the intake hose would cause such extreme shaking.

Something you might want to check for is rotor warping, ABS sensor might be faulty ( if it has ABS ) and will cause the brake system to act bizarre on it's own, have the rims balanced and see if you have any rim/tire damage, Take it in for bearing inspection, alignment.

Theres too many things that can make that happen, just have to narrow it down.

Add your comment to this topic!