Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Should I buy an Equinox???

dexterthedog
05-24-2005, 12:00 PM
We've had many GM Vehicles over the past 17 years. I've always had a 1500 Pick up and my wife has had Cavaliers 2 Blazers and a Montana. The best were the Blazers.
The Montana, aside from it's versatility, is crap!
4 Years old and it's got that "OLD GM syndrome" of 25 little things wrong all the time. Even my Fiero had twice as many miles before it got to this stage.
What's everybody's general feel for the Equinox?
Does it feel like just another 4 yr disposable car or will we get some distance out of it?

rabt
06-15-2005, 09:01 PM
if you talked to the service folks the way you are talking on here i wouldn't have serviced your equinox niether

Jaguar D-Type
06-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Please, please don't but a Chevy Equinox - and this is coming from someone who just did. I would strongly urge you to reconsider. To be honest, I would strongly urge you to NOT buy GM. Simply put, the car is junk, their credit is junk, they've managed to lose over 1.1 billion dollars in a single quarter.

I own an Equinox. It has under 1,000 miles on it and the engine light is already on. There is a rattle in the rear end. Talk about feeling ripped off. Have you ever tried to get a service department to fix a squeaky rear end? It takes several attempts.

I beg of you....don't buy an Equinox - unless of coarse you want mine.

Fasa

Mercedes-Benz lost $1 billion dollars in the first quarter. They also had a recall of more than 1,000,000 automobiles in April.

Cadillac had their best sales last year since the early 1990s.

Have you seen the new Chevrolet Cobalt?

New Cobalt SS (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=495053)

or the new Corvette Z06?

New Corvette Z06 (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=420611)

or the 2006 Pontiac Solstice?

New Pontiac Solstice (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=377526&page=1)

p-impala
07-11-2005, 08:32 AM
the factory i work in assembles the equinox engine,transmission and struts to the cradle. I am in the quality department on midnights. since we are the only company working on theese drivetrains you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a good one. just kidding. honestly i would stay away from the 05's and get an 06. being in the quality department iv'e seen some questionable stuff get ok'd by my bosses. iv'e seen several tie rod end ball joints with no grease in them, and because they had no grease when they were sent to us like that they didnt change them out. we've since got another supplier for those steering gear racks so the ball joints have looked good. Awd power transfer units i think will stop working on a handfull of equinoxs', we in stall the IDS shaft directly into the transfer unit and i have to check to make sure the rotate properly and some thime all i can hear and feel is the grinding of teeth and gears but the teel me as long as it turns its good. i guess thats what warrentys are for. I still think you should get one. only in black or silver though, keep me employed

impalaguy2
08-13-2005, 07:19 AM
Please, please don't but a Chevy Equinox - and this is coming from someone who just did. I would strongly urge you to reconsider. To be honest, I would strongly urge you to NOT buy GM. Simply put, the car is junk, their credit is junk, they've managed to lose over 1.1 billion dollars in a single quarter.

I own an Equinox. It has under 1,000 miles on it and the engine light is already on. There is a rattle in the rear end. Talk about feeling ripped off. Have you ever tried to get a service department to fix a squeaky rear end? It takes several attempts.

Fasa

Fasa go to another forum please.... it bugs me of all you people that dont even have a car give all kind of bullshit comments.... all over the forums - you find the same people trashing all kind of cars!!
go to the gocart section or something to give your comments next time.. its real cars over here!

impalaguy2
08-13-2005, 07:21 AM
We've had many GM Vehicles over the past 17 years. I've always had a 1500 Pick up and my wife has had Cavaliers 2 Blazers and a Montana. The best were the Blazers.
The Montana, aside from it's versatility, is crap!
4 Years old and it's got that "OLD GM syndrome" of 25 little things wrong all the time. Even my Fiero had twice as many miles before it got to this stage.
What's everybody's general feel for the Equinox?
Does it feel like just another 4 yr disposable car or will we get some distance out of it?

I love it and my wife love it,
awesome interior space for its size and good gas mileage...
maybe a little cheap interior but who cares......
and not to forget the new 5 speed trans.. great on the highway!
it is a very very good buy for the money, two thumbs up from me

BMWCRAZY
11-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Equinox is a pretty nice car. has some noise but not too bad. I love the performance of the car. to me it feels like driving a sedan, the handaling is great. the little engine gives a lot of power and i love the exhaust niose. best feature of my car is the 6 disc MP3 CD changer. I just think it needs more options like automatic passenger seats, chrome rims and extras like that. all in all the car is great. I bough mine salvaged from an auction and got it fixed, now the car is beutiful.

I would recommend that car, i heard a lot of people say 2005 engine is bad but mine works like brand new and it has about 13k miles. The leather seats are pretty nice too, and the back sliding seat helps a lot. the folding flat seats of all of them helps. its a pretty good everday car.

BMWCRAZY
11-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Can anyone help me with keyless remote programming instructions. thanks

impalaguy2
11-19-2005, 07:33 PM

Fasa

make me sick to see all you gooks that can't even speak English trash the good ol' american cars... go back to china or wherever you crawled from and trash your own shit like Hyundai or something.
GM builds great truck, never had any complaints!!! Longest lasting trucks
On the roads (and that’s a fact!)
so please do your self a favor and go trash cars like Camry’s and their junk motors... yes Camry, Toyota... look on the internet Toyota sludge and show who really makes crap cars!!!

papanots
02-15-2006, 10:05 PM
impalaguy2 - I agree with you regarding these idiotic bashers who know nothing about cars. Although, you have to admit, GM is shoddy more times than not. I have a 2002 Impala LS and although overall, it's a great bang for the buck and I do like it, I've had more than my share of problems. Why am I here you may ask? Well, I test drove the top of the line Equinox back in October. I liked it except, I would have preferred a bigger engine. And that sliding table at the rear is useless. The pillars that hold the thing up take WAY too much space. As a result, I can't even put my golf bag or my daughter's stroller horizontally flat on the floor. An SUV without the room....makes no sense. With a few refinements, I may still buy it but until then, I think the Cadillac CTS is calling me. And by the way, watch the "go back to China" comments because the Equinox's transmission is assembled in -you guessed it, CHINA!

Add your comment to this topic!