Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Good deal or just some rip off?

~Z~
05-24-2005, 07:05 AM
I looked into getting a twin turbo swap and i ran across this J-spec auto-engines and i found a TT engine,5-speed manual tranny,whole wiring harness,and ecufor under 2G's i was like WTF , but i was wondering if any of you or your buddies have ever got a engine and tranny kit from them and they say that their engines have less than 50K miles on them, they dont know exactly how many ,but thats what they say? Sounds a lil to good huh (just google JDM engines).

k3smostwanted
05-24-2005, 07:14 AM
I looked into getting a twin turbo swap and i ran across this J-spec auto-engines and i found a TT engine,5-speed manual tranny,whole wiring harness,and ecufor under 2G's i was like WTF , but i was wondering if any of you or your buddies have ever got a engine and tranny kit from them and they say that their engines have less than 50K miles on them, they dont know exactly how many ,but thats what they say? Sounds a lil to good huh (just google JDM engines).

i dont know...prices are staring to come down a bit. i just bought a very clean TT motor from one of those same companies that offer a "complete swap" for $1800. i have seen a few of those companies. if you want a list of some sites to check out, just ask...

~Z~
05-24-2005, 08:03 AM
I was reading on some earlier post and i noticed you have a PIG radar were could i get one of those shit in in Fairfax, Virginia is very fucking strict

ZmassacreTT
05-24-2005, 11:19 AM
well i have 2 things to say. radar detectors are illegal in VA so watch out. ive been pulled for it and the damn thing said it had VG2 cloaking, so be careful and you can order it online and have it shipped to your house. 2nd...you cant just drop a TT motor in an N/A. there is a lot of other shit you have to do like clutch, if ur car is an auto, and get the clutch booster, HICAS if you really want it, bigger brakes, and some other stuff i cant think of.

stephenp
05-24-2005, 11:58 AM
ive actually heard of a scrammbler that you put in the front of your car and it makes it so you cant be radared lol pretty neat it gives off the same frequency as some garage door openers i saw it on a mischif destroy drift video it is like a cannon ball run type of movie there so phatty

k3smostwanted
05-24-2005, 03:15 PM
ive actually heard of a scrammbler that you put in the front of your car and it makes it so you cant be radared lol pretty neat it gives off the same frequency as some garage door openers i saw it on a mischif destroy drift video it is like a cannon ball run type of movie there so phatty

yeah its pretty cool...it actually sends 2 different frequencies back to the radar's transmitter device, one telling the radar your going 999 MPH and one that your goign 000. so it confuses the radar and tells it you are going some insane amount of speed, 999mph or you are going 000 or soemtimes it will just come up as ---. pretty cool, but they are very illegal everywhere. the only way you could possible get away with it is if it was hidden...i saw a complete scrammbler kit that mounted anywhere you wanted it. one sensor sat in the front bumper and one sat in the rear bumper or rear window. they look really unnoticeable....but your still taking a big chance.

anyways, in illinois, radar detectors are legal, you just cant have the scrammblers.

Add your comment to this topic!