Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S60(AWD) vs. G35X

Felixa1
05-23-2005, 02:02 PM
I know that these are two very different cars, but I would like to know how they compare to each other. I know that the G35 is swifter and handles better. But, what about style, safety, reliability, AWD and instruments/gadgets?

Thanks,

Felix

porscheguy9999
05-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Could you mean the S60 R? That is a better competitor for the G35x. But those 2 are actually a good comparo. The reliability on the Volvo would be less than the G35x, but the S60 R looks better IMO. Both would be a hard choice to get over the other.

VAD0R
05-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Did my post on EVOLVE gather that much influence in Volvo?:grinyes: jk

But, if you are comparing these two performance oriented AWD sedans, you might as well throw in the Subaru Legacy 2.5GT not to mention the up and coming Mazdaspeed6. I think those two would also make good additions to an already good comparison since the performance figures are about the same with each of them, with some varying degrees luxury depending on what you prefer, not to mention different exterior styles as well.

But I would understand if you want to keep this comparison simple and leave just as a Volvo S60R vs Infiniti G35 comparison. As for my opinion on that it is pretty hard. Of course both are very similar not only in the fact that they are AWD sedans, but just the way they go about it. Both offer much refinement, or what some may consider as restrainment in their handling characteristics, with Volvo having one of the most complicated systems when it comes to turning off traction control. So on second thought maybe it is easier to release the beast within the G35x. But even with restraints on the potent turbocharged 2.5l T5 seems to offer good grunt, even though the G35's 3.5l V6 can probably serve up more middish low-end torque quicker. Not to mention the fact that is seems virtually impossible to do tire peeling to skidding of almost kind in the S60R. The Infiniti G35x on the other hand is RWD at heart, and since it possesses a good portion of what made the Skyline GTR such a fun car to drive and power slide around I bet it wouldn't be as or even too hard to do a somewhat occasional slide and slip of the tires. So all in all, if you want something with more refinement, safety and a bit more high-end power at a higher price tag you should consider the S60R. But if you want something sportier, cheaper and on average has been considered slightly more reliable on average, one would lean towards the G35. But then again thats my opinion formulated by a conjecture based on a Top Gear video I saw of the Volvo S60R, Skyline R34 GTR and what I have heard about the Infiniti G35. If there is anything that is slightly off, I would be appreciated if anyone who knows more about these vehicles steps in and corrects my conjecture.

Add your comment to this topic!