Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quiefe vs Honda LSD

civicfreak1
05-23-2005, 01:04 PM
ppl which one is better ?>???
queife or type r lsd....
i have got both ...
but if they r exactly the same then i shouldn't take my gear box apart..

Greenblurr93
05-23-2005, 03:56 PM
this is one of those questions where some will say Type R and others will say queife... if you have LSD already, i would bother pulling it apart only to put another LSD in (unless your current one is giving you problems.

civickiller
05-27-2005, 07:13 PM
come on green, everyone knows nothing beats qauife

jcrx
05-27-2005, 07:21 PM
this is one of those questions where some will say Type R and others will say queife... if you have LSD already, i would bother pulling it apart only to put another LSD in (unless your current one is giving you problems.
I don't know anyone that would say the ITRs is better than the Quaife.

Greenblurr93
05-27-2005, 07:33 PM
not exactly "better" but some would say whats the point if you already have a LSD in your tranny.

SiGNAL748
05-28-2005, 12:23 AM
CUSCO! :bananasmi

Kven
05-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Cusco is a different style than Quaife and Honda. Cusco uses clutch plates while Quiafe and Honda(?) use a torsen style diff. IMO, the Quiafe and Honda units are better for Road Course, while the clutch type works good on drag cars and RWD cars.

I would vote Quiafe but that's only if you need it(like big increase in power), otherwise stick with the OEM one. Mechanically they are the same(that is if the Honda one is a torsen style) but the Quiafe should be stronger since its designed for the aftermarket.

civickiller
05-31-2005, 08:20 PM
clutch type lsds are better for road races. the problem with quaife is that if your road racing and one of your tires goes into the air, you lose the lsd ability. but if you have a clutch style lsd, it will work.

just like if you break an axle with a quaife you still cant drive it because it needs some resistance on the other side, only a clutch style lsd will grab with a broken axle

Kven
05-31-2005, 09:34 PM
the only thing that sucks about the clutch is when it is engaged, it forces the two sides to move at the same speed. as we all know, in a turn, the inside wheel is suppose to turn slower; a torsen LSD works best for this. but yea if you encounter bumps and have a high-output(torque-wise) motor, a clutch lsd would be good.

Add your comment to this topic!