need to replace fuel injector on 97 S10 2.2L

sweetmango
05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
i have a 97 s-10, 4 cylinder fuel injection, and one of the injectors is leaking. A mechanic told me I need to replace it, but my haynes manual doesn't give me enough help. I am kinda new to this so if somebody could send me some detailed instructions from steps a-z it would be awesome. Pictures are even better. Thank you.
my email is: lmpus@hotmail.com

Sparsky
05-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I had this problem too. The one closest to the firewall was leaking, replaced it then the one up from that started too. Later found out if you replace one you should replace them all.

It's not too hard to do. You have to take off your intake pipe, then the top portion of your intake manifold. Then you can access the screws to the bracket that hold your injectors in. You'll need one of those special star sockets(iirc). (any part store should have it.) I think there were 3.. screws maybe 4. Just try not to drop them cause you'll probably never find it again(happened to me). then you slide that little rail up and pull out the old injectors, seat the new one in and put everything back together. Sliding that bracket on and off was a PITA if i remember right. Make sure you put back all screws/bolts. I had the FPR come loose when I was going down the highway and sprayed gas all over the engine compartment, luckly it didn't catch fire.

Oh, and remember to pick of a intake manifold gasket, you just need the top one and not the one where it bolts to the engine.

Add your comment to this topic!