Tbi Vs Carburetor

nalgman
05-21-2005, 09:13 PM
ok ok ok!!!

my truck : 1990 chevy Blazer 4.3L Z TBI

here is my question...

i hate this TBI system.. i spent a lot of money in injectors, SENSORS, and other stuff that are stupid.
for 3 months i have a lot of problems with the performance, and other things..
so my father own a 1972 chevy Nova 350.. and he sayd that my fuel injection system can be removed and put a carburetor.. so he say that will have more power and better performance... and without ECM attached to the engine.
he toll me this because he say i have a strong engine and this can be the solution of the pain in my a$$..
ok... a lot of people says that this is bad.. but... how bad would be?

ok.. so what model of carburetor can i use?

i hope someone can help me .

Nalgman

rksnc
05-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Nothing wrong with TBI. Fuel injection will always beat carb. A TBI injector very rarely goes bad. Multi port injectors give more problems than TBI. If you are changing things that much , thing must be getting change for the wrong reasons. In some states it maynot past inspection if you make change.

AlmostStock
05-22-2005, 01:16 AM
I would just fix the original system. This will give you a lot less problems and cost less in the long run.

BlazerLT
05-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Guarantee you will have more problems with a carb.

TBI is just a carb with injectors.

Tangent
05-25-2005, 06:49 PM
Replacing a TBI unit with a carb will not give you more performance. That's a myth perpetuated by people who build up engines and then replace their stock 500cfm TBIs with 750cfm carbs. Unless you really build up your engine extra cfm will do nothing for you. All a carb will get you is worse fuel atomization, a less precise mixture, loss of automatic mixture control when you change elevations, and the need to retune.

Switching from any injection system to a carburetor on anything resembling a street tuned engine is like replacing your electric starter with a hand-crank. Sure you never have to worry about the starter breaking, but the disadvantages far outwight the supposed benefits.

I'd also hardly call a TBI a carb with injectors. The only thing they have in common is the location on the engine and the fact that both systems provide fuel at the throttle body instead of elsewhere in the intake.

lou S.
05-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Never heard of somebody wanting to go from inj. to carb on a street model, only the other way around.

Add your comment to this topic!