Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removing Rearspeakers/Deck

slicshake
05-21-2005, 12:33 PM
How would one go about removing the rear deck to get access to the rear speakers in a 98 Old's Intrigue? Sorry if this has been asked before, but i'm redoing my stereo and would be very intersted in how this works.

thanks!

RealIllusion
06-06-2005, 07:27 PM
To get to those speakers, it is a real pain...First you need to take out the back seat. There should be two little wires to pull on the driver and passenger of the seats on the very bottom. They are right underneath the seats. Just feel for a loop and pull, the seat should just come right out. next, (now things get a little hazy) pull the back of the seats down and you should see two metal hook thingies that seats attach to. On those should be nuts that bolt it to the car, unscrew those. Then work on the bottom ones you uncovered when you pulled the seat out. The rest of the seats should come out now. Just make sure you them in a safe place (especially if you have leather). Now you have that rear cover to deal with. This takes quite the tugging to remove (honestly, i forgot how I did it). Remove it carefully though, the material isn't extremely durable. Especially with your rear, middle brake light. After all this, your speakers should be exposed enough to change. If not, reply back...I may have forgotten a step. GOOD LUCK!!

Also, if you're willing, you can pay about 5 bucks to carstereohelp.com to access a help section with pictures you can print.

Add your comment to this topic!