Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Pegasus Rim Close up on S2000

wkma7six
04-13-2002, 02:55 AM
Hey guys,
I was able to somewhat get a close up of the wheels you're all interested in. If you'd like more detail pics- like the inside or in pieces, let me me know. I'll do my best to get you more details when time permits. I'm in search of a new job. Lotsa studying. Got put on permanent disability. Used to be a Honda technician at a dealer. Sorry off topic. Here goes the pic.
Walter

primera man
04-13-2002, 03:36 AM
I see what you mean about the tiny rubber tyres !!
Looks good though.

flyonthewall
04-13-2002, 06:21 AM
They're really smart, i'm still a little confused about the wheels coz i didn't see them on the pegasus site. Do pegasus sell them as the aluminium rim with the seperate wheel or have u machined the rim yourself then cut out the wheel from a plastic one?

Jay!
04-13-2002, 02:13 PM
The "H" logo on the center cap was a clever detail. I noticed that in person... :p :D

Here are the rim as Pegasus sells them:
http://www.pegasushobbies.com/resources/pics/rims/1254.gif
(Item 1254 Chrome Diamantes / Rims with Tires / Price: $8.99 / 4 per package)

That wheel is all plastic, with an extremely positive offset. You can see in this pic that the spokes tough the very front edge of the rim. The outer part in Walter's wheel, if I'm understanding it all correctly ;), is a turned aluminum wheel part for a different car altogether (F1 car maybe?) that just happens to have the same inside diameter as the Pegasus rim's outside diameter, so it just slides inside. If you look now where the spokes connect, you'll see which ridge is the plastic part...

:) Right?

wkma7six
04-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Jay,
When you get the rime go back to Pegasus and ask if they have the Diamante's with the 23" Rim and tire. Sometimes you gotta ask for when its not up on the peg board. The whole wheel that is in the picture is sold as a set for about 15 dollars.
Walter

Jay!
04-13-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by wkma7six
When you get the rime go back to Pegasus and ask if they have the Diamante's with the 23" Rim and tire. Sometimes you gotta ask for when its not up on the peg board. The whole wheel that is in the picture is sold as a set for about 15 dollars. Really? Cool. Mike kinda knew what I was talking about when I asked him about the whole deal, but he didn't point out any bigger sets.

OT... :o ... Do you go there often? What other shops do you go to?

wkma7six
04-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Jay,
I don't go there too often anymore. I used to go about once a month. But now I'm not employed can't spend as much as I used to. I've got lots of parts and models lying around waiting to be used. I've got over 250 kits of many subjects- mostly cars. Where do you live Jay? I can tell you of an excellent place to go for Japanese kites.

wkma7six
04-13-2002, 02:51 PM
Oooops. I meant JAPANESE KITS!!!

Jay!
04-13-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by wkma7six
Where do you live Jay?

<===

About 7 blocks from Pegasus. And, I used to live near their old store in Whittier. And, Whittier was close to Puente Hills, so I could go to Legends, too... :D

wkma7six
04-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Jay,
Here's the place. Its called Best 1 Hobby. They've got a website www.best1hobby.com. It's located on 197 West Las Tunas Dr. , San Gabriel, CA 91776. For everone else in the U.S. they do mail order also. I'm not sure about international orders. Sorry. But give them a ring and ask. (626)2829408 They just got a large shipment in yesterday 4/13. So go check it out for you local guys and tell them Walter sent you.

Jay!
04-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Oh, yeah. Jenny (goes by Hiro on here) told us about them a few weeks ago. I haven't had the chance to go find them yet.

BTW, if you still have your digicam handy, I wouldn't mind some interior pics of your S2K. :)

daggerlee
04-13-2002, 06:06 PM
While on the subject of Pegasus rims, imagine my surprise when the hobby shop clerk took me to the back section of the store and opened this drawer displaying..

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/749329pegasus.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I was in shock! And then he opened another drawer underneath it filled with even more Pegasus rims! God, I was thunderstruck. They also had a few, I think, aluminum mufflers by Pegasus (jay, walter, can you confirm they sell them?) Also you can see Pegasus also sells some funky statues..

A set of rims sells for $12 and the mufflers $10 for 2 or 4...is that consistent with Pegasus prices, Jay?

wkma7six
04-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Daggerlee,
The last time I was at Pegasus, the only new item from them was a set of cross-drilled brake rotors (4) for their own line of wheels. The mufflers may be a possible new item. For the "statues" I think those are the little "Homies" figurines that they sell in the west coast. You know what, the photo you have of the rims don't show the 23" aluminum rim rings. Last time I spoke with them, Pegasus said they weren't distibuting those to any other stores. They will only sell through their store. Oh and if you're paying 12.00 for the wheels in the photos you're getting ripped off. Retail is only 8.99 for rims and tires.
Walter

daggerlee
04-13-2002, 08:54 PM
Oh and if you're paying 12.00 for the wheels in the photos you're getting ripped off. Retail is only 8.99 for rims and tires.

I figured as much, my store always ups the price on everything except the oldest and dustiest kits, but the selection is top notch. I figure at $12 it's the same as $9 plus S&H, unless I'm ordering a bunch at a time, then bleh..

Jay!
04-13-2002, 11:05 PM
I was there today, and I've never seen mufflers with their name on them. :confused:

daggerlee
04-14-2002, 06:10 AM
Hmm, interesting, I didn't get a good long look at those mysterious pieces, they're probably not mufflers if the motherstore doesn't have them!! I'll take a closer look next week, hopefully

daggerlee
04-17-2002, 01:37 PM
So I went and found out that the mystery aluminum tubes are "water pumps" under the name "Hoppin' Hydros"....interesting

also it seems that their wheels are 1/25, which is a bit smaller than 1/24.

Jay!
04-17-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by daggerlee
So I went and found out that the mystery aluminum tubes are "water pumps" under the name "Hoppin' Hydros"....interestingYeah... the low-rider-on-hydraulics model scene here in SoCal is pretty big, I guess. They have some nice built-ups in their display case. And, IIRC, Pegasus was the first with a motorized "hopping" car which used the servos from an R/C car to bounce the wheels.

hiro
04-17-2002, 06:28 PM
I remember seeing someone posted the URL, I can't find it anymore :confused: Can someone post again pls?

wkma7six
04-17-2002, 06:38 PM
Hiro,
Which URL are you talking about?

Jay!
04-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Pegasus?
http://www.pegasushobbies.com/about.htm

hiro
04-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Yes Pegasus :D thanks!

hiro
04-18-2002, 01:49 AM
One more question, is the back of the wheel same as Tamiya or Fujimi? Need to modify to fit the Tamiya kit?

Add your comment to this topic!