AWD Transfer Case question...

snufelupogus
05-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Hey, I busted up my transfer case and was wondering if anyone knew if any other vehicles have the same TC as we do? When I do a search on www.car-parts.com it comes up with results for a Chevy Astro or GMC Safari AWD transfer case... are these interchangable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks

NJTy180
05-25-2005, 10:21 PM
the Transfercase is a Borg Warner 4472 unit. Olds Bravadas used the same transfercase.

You should however make a note of that the Syclone and Typhoon t-cases are different in that the Syclones have a smaller output shaft and different spline count than the larger Ty output shaft.

I dont know how that translates into the Bravada case, but its something to be aware of.

greghartson
07-10-2005, 10:23 PM
I believe the Bravda transfer case will work.???????

greghartson
07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
bravada case

Superclone
10-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey, I busted up my transfer case and was wondering if anyone knew if any other vehicles have the same TC as we do? When I do a search on www.car-parts.com it comes up with results for a Chevy Astro or GMC Safari AWD transfer case... are these interchangable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Thanks

Did you bust the transfer case from normal wear? If so, how many miles?

NJTy180
10-16-2005, 05:59 PM
Did you bust the transfer case from normal wear? If so, how many miles?
I doubt you'll ever get an answer. Looks like he made the account last May, made one post and logged out. Doesnt appear as it he's even logged in since then.

Superclone
10-16-2005, 11:22 PM
I doubt you'll ever get an answer. Looks like he made the account last May, made one post and logged out. Doesnt appear as it he's even logged in since then.

Looks like its just you and I, NJTy180....... :biggrin:

Add your comment to this topic!