Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan Alarm Problem

luqui80
05-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I have a 99 Nissan Altima and for the last few months the alarm goes off randomly. It does it two to four times a day. I've tried changing the battery and that didn't work. Please help, it's driving me crazy!

JustSayGo
05-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Driving you crazy for the past few months? You and your alarm must be the most unpopular topic of conversation in your neighborhood! My son the alarm installer tells me that shock sensors become more sensitive with age. The shock sensor module should have a dial to adjust the sensitivity to a lower level.

ponchonutty
05-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Is this an OEM alarm????

luqui80
05-21-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure, it's the standard alarm system installed by the manufacturer. Do you know where I can find the shock sensor module?

JustSayGo
05-22-2005, 02:47 AM
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacture. OEM is installed during assembly. Installed after the car arrives at the dealership is aftermarket. One disadvantage to thieves is that aftermarket components are intentionally installed in random locations. The module is probably somewhere in the dash, most likely with four wires comming out of it. You will have to look around. AM alarms are more complex than OEM. False alarms are common with AM systems. Manufactures don't risk the bad publicity and warranty liability of false alarms on millions of cars they have assembled. Dealers don't install alarms for the same reasons. It is a safe bet that your alarm is AM and was installed by an independent contractor subcontracted thru the Nissan dealership.

Add your comment to this topic!