Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Olds ac/heater vents

Jim Rockford
05-17-2005, 12:22 PM
I searched the forum and couldn't find anything, On my 92 when i have the heat on and i have it on defog it'll be blowing almost no air out the defog vents and it dosn't seem as hot as it could be, When i have it blowing on the floor it comes out fine on the passenger side but almost nothing on driver side and what does come out is cold. When i have it comeing out the vents it dosn't blow very hard and its warm on the passenger side and not so warm on the driver side, And when i have my a/c on it just seems to be the same temp as outside just a bit cooler. I'm not sure what is causeing this but its really beginning to be a pain has anyone else had this problem and found a way to fix it?.

Hansnet
05-17-2005, 09:47 PM
well the AC is likely R12...maybe 134 that was right around the time GM started switching over from the 2. if it is R12 (says under the hood) then you are probably out of luck there with the AC since R12 is no illegal to buy, if 134 that is still available.

with the heater problem I would assume maybe a bad heater core.

If you have electronic climate control (digital) then it gets even more complicated and I hope you dont have that but if you do then it could be a whole laundry list of things.

Also you may have a vaccum leak under the hood if the position switch for defrost/middle/bottom vents contol does not work.

Jim Rockford
05-17-2005, 10:07 PM
well the AC is likely R12...maybe 134 that was right around the time GM started switching over from the 2. if it is R12 (says under the hood) then you are probably out of luck there with the AC since R12 is no illegal to buy, if 134 that is still available.

with the heater problem I would assume maybe a bad heater core.

If you have electronic climate control (digital) then it gets even more complicated and I hope you dont have that but if you do then it could be a whole laundry list of things.

Also you may have a vaccum leak under the hood if the position switch for defrost/middle/bottom vents contol does not work.

I got the car from my dad and he said in 2001 he had the new a/c system put in after the old one craped out and the a/c worked fine after that but he said after time it just got worse and worse. It has the standard controls btw.

Add your comment to this topic!