5/32 vacum line

wolfen327
05-17-2005, 07:30 AM
i have a 94 jimmy with the 4.3 vortec it idles a little rough and sometimes will die at idle (if in gear) but i was looking under the hood this morning and found the 5/32 vacum line was broke in half that comes off the vacum ball could this be the culprit for the idle and where does the other end hook to thanks

BlazerLT
05-17-2005, 01:53 PM
i have a 94 jimmy with the 4.3 vortec it idles a little rough and sometimes will die at idle (if in gear) but i was looking under the hood this morning and found the 5/32 vacum line was broke in half that comes off the vacum ball could this be the culprit for the idle and where does the other end hook to thanks

Oh for sure bro, that is a flat out vacuum leak.

For the repair, use 5/32 windshield washer tubing and you will be set.

wolfen327
05-18-2005, 02:17 PM
i hooked up the vacum ball to the tee looks like someone had blocked it off before still doing the same thing ...ran a fuel pressure test and it runs at 56 pounds with engine off and 60 pounds engine at an idle going to change the fuel filter now hope it helps

wolfen327
05-18-2005, 02:51 PM
fuel filter was a no go ....has a intermittent misfire has new ac plugs and wires look fairly new only 7mm though could that be it maybe i need to go 8mm? cap and rotor look good and it's not giving me any codes don't know what else to look at any ideas?

BlazerLT
05-18-2005, 06:02 PM
fuel filter was a no go ....has a intermittent misfire has new ac plugs and wires look fairly new only 7mm though could that be it maybe i need to go 8mm? cap and rotor look good and it's not giving me any codes don't know what else to look at any ideas?

Did you remove and check the cap and rotor?

What gap did you set the plugs to?

wolfen327
05-18-2005, 06:32 PM
gaped the plugs @ .045 the rotor and cap look good ....just cleaned the egr valve and put a new gasket on still the same ole thing

wolfen327
05-18-2005, 06:34 PM
also put some seafoam in it seems to be burning rich lots of black in the tail pipe

BlazerLT
05-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Did you actually remove the cap and rotor to look at the contacts?

herkyhawki
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
also put some seafoam in it seems to be burning rich lots of black in the tail pipe

Pull out your spark plugs. With lots of black in tailpipe, I'll bet you will find that 3 plugs on one side will be blacker than 3 on the other side. If so, then read the posts about CPI troubles.

wolfen327
05-23-2005, 05:42 AM
ok changed the plugs all of them looked good just a little yellow none were black only 1 of them was a bosh and the rest were ac thought for sure that was it but noooo couldn't be that easy. so i changed the wires the miss isn't as bad as it was but it's still there.. i looked at the rotor and cap they didn't look very bad but going to replace them anyways. i took out the tps and cleaned it up it was pretty black anything else you can think of?

wolfen327
05-23-2005, 08:22 AM
here is something else i noticed . i put the fuel pressure gauge on this morning turned the key on and the pressure went straight up to 60 psi and as soon as the pump kicked off it jumped down to 56 psi. when i started the truck it held a constant 51 psi at an idle and if i gave it the gas it went up to 60 psi is this normal or is the pressure to low

rlith
05-24-2005, 07:41 AM
here is something else i noticed . i put the fuel pressure gauge on this morning turned the key on and the pressure went straight up to 60 psi and as soon as the pump kicked off it jumped down to 56 psi. when i started the truck it held a constant 51 psi at an idle and if i gave it the gas it went up to 60 psi is this normal or is the pressure to low

Too low on the constant. Pull your upper plenum and check for washing. (Where one side is cleaner than the other) If the passenger side is washed, it's your CPI, if the driver side is washed, then it's your nut kit. If you replace the cpi, replace the nut kit as a matter of course. A leaking CPI will also give you the symptoms you describe.

Add your comment to this topic!