Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94-96 Caprice hood ornament?

tigeraid
05-16-2005, 01:13 AM
Anyone know of any place I could find a hood ornament for a 94-96 Caprice? The regular Classic stand-up bowtie, not the flat LTZ badge. I've almost perfected the Revell-Monogram Impala SS / 9C1 Caprice conversion, but I'm missing that. Or for that matter, the stock Caprice grille. But I can get that from previous caprice models. Anyone have any ideas on the hood ornament? I haven't been able to find it on modelhaus or modelcargarage... :banghead:

tigeraid
05-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Woot... just found two kits on ebay for '92 Caprices with the grilles and hood ornaments... they're being bid on though, hope I win... my question still stands though :)

the dog
05-16-2005, 07:56 AM
Shoot me your address, Ive got one here from the early kit I can send you. I even have a grill, but I'd need to swap ya for the SS grill. I'm in the middle of doing a Modelhaus wagon to do my own car.

Where does this Ontario club get together, I'm building a 91 Caprice wagon how.
Randy
perrysresin@sympatico.ca

Anyone know of any place I could find a hood ornament for a 94-96 Caprice? The regular Classic stand-up bowtie, not the flat LTZ badge. I've almost perfected the Revell-Monogram Impala SS / 9C1 Caprice conversion, but I'm missing that. Or for that matter, the stock Caprice grille. But I can get that from previous caprice models. Anyone have any ideas on the hood ornament? I haven't been able to find it on modelhaus or modelcargarage... :banghead:

Scale-Master
05-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Hey Randy, good to see you found this place, see you around... - Mark

blubaja
05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey,

There was a company out of NJ that made police parts and stuff for the caprices. "Models by Tony". I am not sure if they are still in buisness, but I will check. Yeah, and the older caprice kits have the grille and emblem. Good luck.

Frank X.

tigeraid
05-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Hey,

There was a company out of NJ that made police parts and stuff for the caprices. "Models by Tony". I am not sure if they are still in buisness, but I will check. Yeah, and the older caprice kits have the grille and emblem. Good luck.

Frank X.

Please do Frank, that'd be much appreciated. I've found a couple of the Snap-tite models on ebay but there's no guarentee I'll win the auctions of course. I'm hoping to find a few handfuls of grilles and hood ornaments so I can farm out 9c1 conversions to my friends. And make a tutorial for here! :cwm27:

SoCalMark
05-17-2005, 09:59 AM
I have a grill from a Caprice snap kit and I may have a couple from the Alternomad. If the Alternomad grill will work I'll look for them.
Mark

tigeraid
05-17-2005, 02:44 PM
I have a grill from a Caprice snap kit and I may have a couple from the Alternomad. If the Alternomad grill will work I'll look for them.
Mark

I think the grille from the snap kit would ideal, being revell just like the impala kit. The Alternomad kit, as I recall, is an Impala SS style grille with the central bowtie. I need the plain jain chrome grille. I would definitely appreciate it if you can find it, let me know! :grinyes:

SoCalMark
05-17-2005, 06:21 PM
I PMed you with an address request.
Mark

blubaja
05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey,

Well, I have the police version that is still in progress along with everything else. Do you think you could cast the grille and emblem if I lent them to you?

Frank X.

tigeraid
05-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Sorry dude I think that's a bit too advanced a technique for me :)

SoCalMark
05-18-2005, 12:06 AM
You have two of each on the way.
Mark

tigeraid
05-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Wicked :)

tigeraid
05-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Received hood ornaments and grilles from both of ya, appreciate the help! :)

Randy the Impala Grille was sent a few days ago, should be receiving it any time now. Thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!