Spare tire cover -I found one cheap

highlandlake
05-15-2005, 10:53 PM
My '97 needed a new spare tire cover. After seeing used OEM ones on e-bay go for $70 I searched around and found a real good one for cheap. Thought I'd share my story with you fellow Rodeo'ers.
On E-bay, I bought a 16" black vinyl cover for $16.95 including shipping. I wasn't expecting much, but I got a real shock when it arrived. It was rugged, looks nice and fit better than I had hoped. I didn't fully remove my old cover, I left the plastic backing in place and ripped the old rotten front cover off. The new cover just wrapped right over the remains of the old one. NO TOOLS at all, no straps, bungees, etc. I bought it from Mel's Upholstery on E-bay. Nobody else bid on that item, and he seems to always be listing multiple of the same item. So I got it cheap. The only thing is that is doesn't have logo on it - it's plain black. But it looks great and beats the heck out of paying $155 for a brand new dealer one.
I suppose you can find Mel's by doing a search - I stumbled upon it and wasn't disappointed.
Tom

Ramblin Fever
05-16-2005, 09:21 AM
I have one that I can no longer use - too small for the tires I'm now running. It's in perfect condition.

surferfletch
05-16-2005, 10:12 PM
I have one that I can no longer use - too small for the tires I'm now running. It's in perfect condition.

How much? I've gone without one since the original disintegrated and I haven't yet ordered a replacement. I was going to get the bestop black cover like I have for my Jeep spare...

matt95gsr
06-03-2005, 11:15 AM
thanks for the info...am really in need of one for the passport.

Add your comment to this topic!