Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Car to Watch on the streets

-Josh-
05-15-2005, 04:21 PM
GM finally released the GXP version of the Pontiac Grand Prix. It's a FR car with the 5.3 V8, with the hydramatic 4L65E and tap shift. This car is gonna f*&king scream down the roads, i've gotten to drive one down a few back roads and this car definately has some balls behind it. I'll see if i can find some exact specs on the car, the louvers on the side are actually functional, they vent to cool the drilled rotors... I just thought i would let you all know about this car cause thing makes the COMP G Grand Prix's look like a joke. :cool:

Edit: It also comes with Displacement on demand, which is a lot like Dodges version in which it cuts off cylinders for better mpg while cruising, i dont know how this would effect engine performance if boost was added though.

Edit again: Linky to specs (http://www.fast-autos.net/pontiac/pontiacgrandprixgxp.html)

And no, it's not really a 6 speed, at least it isn't yet, maybe next year, this year it's just an auto with tap shift.

-The Stig-
05-15-2005, 04:24 PM
hmmmmmm... sound sweet.

clawhammer
05-15-2005, 04:54 PM
It's still FF design. Might have traction issues, and will most likely have torque steer issues.

-Josh-
05-15-2005, 04:59 PM
It's still FF design. Might have traction issues, and will most likely have torque steer issues.

Sorry i fucked up, it's a FR

CassiesMan
05-15-2005, 05:04 PM
Looks nice, but I'd rather see a rebirth of the Firebird/Trans Am.

-Josh-
05-15-2005, 05:17 PM
Patience, it will be here in due time....patience.... GM has screwed up enough here lately they're just now starting to get their shit together again...

RedLightning
05-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Just need it to be rwd.

-The Stig-
05-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Just need it to be rwd.

Front-Engine/RWD

it is.

Mr. Luos
05-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Looks nice, but I'd rather see a rebirth of the Firebird/Trans Am.
Never gonna happen. Namesake has been retired by GM. Lutz = Putz.

The 5.3 has been labeled the LS4 if I remember right. Not rated a bunch of the current GTP. Gonna have to wait to see what they do, but I bet it won't be anything spectacular.

CassiesMan
05-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Never gonna happen. Namesake has been retired by GM. Lutz = Putz.

Interesting side note, I have a friend whose last name is Lutz, and he doesn't like the FB/TA at all. Coincidence? Oh well, guess I'll just ahve to get a used one.

I'm with Lous on this one, I mean, yeah, its gonna be hella faster than my car, but I dunno, it just doesn't look engagin or really something special to me. Its a little TOO much family sedan. Oh well, we'll just have to wait/see.

-Jayson-
05-15-2005, 11:08 PM
so GM just made another GTO? Only it doesnt have a cool name. Personally i dont like the new grand prix styling, and i honestly dont think GM needed another power V8, but only 295HP? idk, for the price of that you could prolly get a GTO with 400 HP. ANd it looks alot better, cause theres only one GTO, there is a GTO SE, GTO GT, GTO GTP, GTO GXP. YOu see a GTO, you know the car has balls.

-Josh-
05-15-2005, 11:17 PM
I thought the 5.3 was the LQ7?? oh well, anyway, i like it, and trust me those pictures dont do it justice of how good it looks in person. It's gorgeous, i'll try and get some pics of one of them tomorrow, there's just something about it that screams drive me hard and fast like a cheap whore!

chevytrucks92
05-15-2005, 11:26 PM
Guys, its not RWD. Its FWD. Either way, it should fly and its not like the 3rd Gen SBCs don't have a HUGE aftermarket!

I mean there are 12 second V-6 versions of this car (Jeffs_GTP_Sleeper, etc.). I bet ya they will be 11 second veresion of this one, provided those front tires can stand it!

TatII
05-15-2005, 11:26 PM
that new gran prix is a FF. they in a the recent issue of automobile, they were comparing the handling balance of each drive train. they had the new v8 gran prix to represent the FF, the G35 sedan to represent FR, and the STi to represent the AWD. that is quick though, the V8 gran prix runs a low 14.

drdisque
05-15-2005, 11:59 PM
how is this any better than an Eldorado? Similar chassis, same layout, similar weight.

-Josh-
05-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Because northstars are shit, i think that's reason enough.

drftk1d
05-16-2005, 01:00 AM
it is FF? aw. WEAK.

-Josh-
05-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah it is, i like it though. I dont have any problems with what GM is trying to do, at least they're trying. And this thing is fast.

chevytrucks92
05-18-2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah it is, i like it though. I dont have any problems with what GM is trying to do, at least they're trying. And this thing is fast.

I agree. People can say what they want to, 300 horsepower is 300 horsepower. This thing will move. And just like any other SBC, a cam swap will REALLY improve the performnace.

And personally, I prefer the Monte Carlo SS's look. The GTP is still cool though.

Add your comment to this topic!