Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1987 Hond Accord Stalling.

Shirako
05-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Ok during driving my car will begin to stutter and if I keep my foot on the gass it will shut off, it starts back up again but shortly does it again, someone once told me that there was something behind the firewall in these models that shuts off the car when itgets too hot, it didnt stall for over 5 months and started again recently, recently my dad told me it might be water in the tank, so I filled it up with premium and added some drygas, but it still does it, any feed back would be appreciated.

jeffcoslacker
05-15-2005, 05:06 AM
So, you are saying it seems that the problem came back as seasonal ambient temperatures warmed up again? Is it worse on a hot day than a cool day?

Shirako
05-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Well, it started last summer and suddenly stopped just before winter, but when it first started yesterday again, it was alot cooler out that it has been out the last few weeks, it was alot hotter on some days in the past weeks on long drives where it did not stall.

Shirako
06-05-2005, 12:09 PM
I have people telling me all kinds of things...temp sensor, O2 sensor, fuel filters, its getting real bad to the point the car is barely driveable, its stalling out alot more now that its getting hotter out, also when it starts to stall and I pull over and take my foot off the gas, it stops stalling, please any help would be appreciated.

cmotown1
08-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm currently having the same problem with my 89 Accord. Don't know what it is either.

BIAR
08-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I see this thread is a little old. The first thing I would look at is the ignition switch. When you drop the lower cover off the bottom of the column see if there is a piece of solder setting in it.

Add your comment to this topic!