Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need advice for my MKIII 89 n/a supra

deycallmejay
05-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey guys... My 89 supra 7MGE blew... Should i just get a turbo swap, or should i just rebuild the 7MGE and get lower compression pistons and turbo head, intake manifold, and turbo exhaust manifold, or should i just get a 7mgte turbo swap? HOw much different is the 7MGE and 7MGTE motors? Can't i just rebuild the 7MGE since i might plan on building the 7MGTE? Also as far as ECU, can i use the 7MGE and use some type of piggy back to control the fuel and air, or do i need the 7mGTE ECU?

I have the w58 tranny right now and probably stick with it until it goes out, but how much hp can this tranny hold? I want to be in the high 12's or low 13's. my goal is to be around 350 to 400 hp is it possible and safe with the w58 or should i go with the r154.

I would like to do this the smartest way and save a lil money, but i want to do this car correctly. I don't want to half ass it.

Oh yeah, does anyone know of any websites or anyone that has the done the MKIII n/a to turbo swap. If so would you please let me know. thank you

Add your comment to this topic!