Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'95 S10 Vortec v6 4.3 and '91 GMC v6 4.3 engine swap

skiprt
05-13-2005, 04:50 PM
I need help with this engine swap. Many parts are the same but have been told can't use the '95 intake manifold. Doubt some of the info I am getting since it comes from salvage yards and engine rebuilder who want to sell and talk me out of this engine swap. Only makes me more determined but don't want to be stupid about it. Will the tranny hook right up? It looks like it will but have been told it won't work.

jackass#1
05-13-2005, 07:54 PM
are you putting the 95 into the 91? tranny will fit. is it tbi or cpi? i know the 91 is probably tbi, if the other is cpi youll needto make some other swaps as well.

herkyhawki
05-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Here's a good article that will answer most of your questions about what will fit.
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ar/ar40047.htm

It would be best if you get the computer and wiring with the "95. In late '95 the piston rings were made thinner and moved higher up on the piston. This makes the Knock sensors Very important to prevent piston/ring damage. Does your "91 computer/wiring have one or Two Knock sensors? The '95 will need Knock sensor in each head. If your "91 computer isn't set up for 2 knock sensors you run higher risk of piston/ring damage.

Add your comment to this topic!