Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

is a black interior really hotter?

vgreenie
04-11-2002, 11:02 AM
I"ve searched around and can't find an answer to this question! I'm in Arizona, so heat is an issue. The car I'm considering (it's a great deal) has black carpet and black leather seats....

Just wondering how much difference the *interior* color of a car makes in terms of how hot it feels as you ride in it, and as you get in after parking, etc.

Assume the windows will be tinted...

Any website resources or other feedback appreciated! TIA!

enginerd
04-11-2002, 11:21 AM
this is true.

KatWoman
04-11-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by vgreenie
I"ve searched around and can't find an answer to this question! I'm in Arizona, so heat is an issue. The car I'm considering (it's a great deal) has black carpet and black leather seats....

Just wondering how much difference the *interior* color of a car makes in terms of how hot it feels as you ride in it, and as you get in after parking, etc.

Assume the windows will be tinted...

Any website resources or other feedback appreciated! TIA!

Welcome to the boards, fellow Zonie! Where in AZ are you? I am in the Phoenix area. Yes black interior is definitely hotter....and even more so if it's leather. Tinting your windows is definitely a big help, but in AZ it is illegal to tint your windshield. If you park facing the sun directly...your seats will be scorching hot. I have black leather seats in my car, but fortunately I have covered parking at work and I no longer use my car for deliveries so for me it's not a big deal. If the car you are looking at is a dark color outside, that too will attract more heat.

Tinseltown349
04-12-2002, 02:51 AM
jesus christ, is it ever hotter in the summer...still wouldn't want it any other color though

donkeyk578
04-15-2002, 04:46 PM
VERY TRUE.
I have a 2001 Corolla S, (w/ black interior) and it is VERY hot in the summer time. I LOVE THE BLACK INTERIOR, so, I have starting making the rest of my interior black (Like the pillars, and such...), except the headliner... (WAYY TOO HOT)

TheMan5952
05-01-2002, 12:19 AM
it makes a big difference, i have black interior in my car also. It stays hot in there for a long time.

Add your comment to this topic!