Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

starting issue

frederick36
05-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Hey fellas.

I have a little problem with my 97 Grand Marquis. Whenever it's been off for a few hours and I go to start it, it will almost always stall out or die or whatnot unless I give it a bit of gas. I am rather curious as to why.

Oh yeah, a separate problem..
Once, there was a repetitive noise coming from behind the radio, it seemed. I knew it was further back but it was a repetitive noise that kept thumping back there. Also, the air conditioner wasn't producing cold air. A little later, the sound went away, air conditioner went back to normal. Now a few weeks ago the noise started up again, and then it stopped. The air conditioner was fine the whole time, but I had a theory. I checked the heater, and now it doesn't blow hot air.

The times when the repetitive noise would start up corresponded to my car not starting due to faulty battery cables. When adjusted, and the car started again, the repetitive clicking noise might come around.

So I would appreciate any suggestions as to what is causing these issues. It is my belief the two problems are independent.

Thanks

rivguy
05-13-2005, 08:47 AM
The Iac Is The Stalling Problem - And The Blend Door Motor Is The Noise (the Position Sensor Is Bad Within The Motor)

frederick36
05-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks for your response, rivguy. I'll make note of it and look into doing something about those parts.

fbi-interceptor
05-24-2005, 06:34 PM
For The Stalling Problem What Is The Iac?
\

frederick36
05-24-2005, 06:49 PM
For The Stalling Problem What Is The Iac?
\

I am not really knowing what an Iac is.

way2old
05-24-2005, 07:08 PM
The IAC is the idle air control motor. It regulates the air flow at idle to maintain a constant idle speed. On the 97, it sits to the rear of the throttle body, has a hose about an inch in diameter hooked to it, a wiring connector and is held onto the throttle body by 2 8mm head screws. On the 93, it is located behind the intake, under the wiper motor housing and is a bitch to get to.

Add your comment to this topic!