Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying a used Sequoia help

chollo
05-12-2005, 09:07 PM
Hello everyone, I could use your help. I have been reading some of the problems that you have had with your Sequoias and I am thinking of buying used one. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for or avoid (what year, model, color etc.). Any comments would be helpful.

Chris

corbinwaterski
05-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Nothing besides the usual. Look for signs of abuse, request maintenance records, etc... Overall the Sequoia is an excellent vehicle. I just towed a 5k lb boat from Vegas to Salt Lake yesterday. I averaged 16 MPG at about 75-80 MPH. I was loaded with 5 adults and two car seats, plus gear for 5 days. A lot better than my old Expedition used to do...Good luck with your search, you can't go wrong with a Toyota.

mizzoukispot
11-24-2005, 02:00 PM
I have a 2003 sequoia and think it is the worst SUV that I have owned. 3 o2 sensors, back windshield motor, new brakes, calipers and rotors (recall) and now they say that I need a new $1400 computer and another o2 sensor...oh yeah, throw in an airbag sensor too. The problems started at 37,000 miles (besides the brakes). I know 3 other people that own this suv and ONE has had virtually no problems. The other three, all 2003's, have had numerous electrical, sensor, and computer issues. The one thing I love about the suv is that it drives really well. Thats it.

Add your comment to this topic!