Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

steering

crazychevyboy
05-12-2005, 07:18 PM
I have a problem with my steering, and I can't seem to pinpoint what the problem is. You see whats happenin is when I am driving down the road i'll take a slight corner to the right(only happens when i turn right)the wheel seems to fall... or jerk to the right. I got pittman arm replaced, steering box replaced, and ball joints,tires rotated,front end alligned,and power steering pump was also checked... Still doin it!!! If someone has had this problem, and had it fixed, please give me any info you can to help.. thanks much.. email is adpaintball@yahoo.net
crazychevyboy

99redsilverado
05-12-2005, 09:53 PM
steering shaft, steering linkage, tie rod ends????? check those???

mbumgua
05-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Your truck has variable rates of assist on the power steering that is speed sensitive--more assist at low speeds--less assist at high speeds. This is controlled by a sensor which looks at your speed and tells the steering how much assist to give. The jerking of the wheel is the variable assist kicking in when you don't need it. Replace this sensor and your problem should be fixed. I had a new chevy truck with less than 3,000 miles on it when this sensor failed. Dealer fixed it.

Add your comment to this topic!