time and cost estimate for lash adjusters

ibew595
05-12-2005, 03:49 AM
It is a big job to do and I am getting tired of the ticking. Anyone know how much the lash adjusters cost for a set? I looked for awhile and couldn't find any. Shall I just contact the dealer?
Other than the gaskets, timing belt/tensioner and camshaft seals anything else I should do while I am digging around?
Since this is an experiment on my part any guesstimates of time?

anthonyn
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
It is a big job to do and I am getting tired of the ticking. Anyone know how much the lash adjusters cost for a set? I looked for awhile and couldn't find any. Shall I just contact the dealer?
Other than the gaskets, timing belt/tensioner and camshaft seals anything else I should do while I am digging around?
Since this is an experiment on my part any guesstimates of time?

I remember one guy replaced the lifters before and the ticking went away for awhile, but eventually came back on the new set. Unless you plan to redesign the lifters, it seems like a lot of effort with a temporary payoff. My rodeo at one time seemed like it needed new lifters to be rid of the ticking, but after much effort in cleaning the engine, find the right oil and oil filter, the ticking today (and for the last 2 years) is insignificant to notice.

ibew595
05-16-2005, 01:07 AM
Well, I am at 135k now and living with it for ~100k. It has always bothered me and I am just trying to figure out if I would like to tear the engine apart. I wish I could find some cams to put in to make a tad more hp to help. If I get 50k before it starts again it would be worth it to me. My Rodeo is really clean and well worth putting in $$$.
If I do replace them, nothing but full synthetic afterwards.

2eyefishclaw
05-16-2005, 09:45 PM
it will cost around 1,000 for parts alone
I choose to live with it myself and I work on these for a living

ibew595
05-18-2005, 01:55 PM
it will cost around 1,000 for parts alone
I choose to live with it myself and I work on these for a living
That is not what I was expecting.
I figured:
asstd. gaskets
set of lash adjusters ( still haven't found what they cost)
Timing belt
Valve cover gaskets
Intake gasket
some seals
Any insight or elaboration??

Add your comment to this topic!