Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need more put you in your seat power

onesojourner
04-11-2002, 12:06 AM
i have a 93 civic ex. it has 80000 miles on it now. i want more power im not going to use NO2 and im not going to go fi. i want my car to be reliable drivable and i want it to last like any other honda. and to maintain good mpg is also a pretty high priority. so what direction should i take i dont want to spend a huge amount of money on it i know all the bolt ons so what kind of internal work can be done to put me in my seat.

VTECseoul
04-11-2002, 06:43 AM
good luck...how fast you wanna go depends if you wanna spend the $$$; that's the name of the game. if you don't want NOS or turbo/SC, then you don't want speed/power.

SleeperTeg
04-11-2002, 08:06 AM
After the typical i/h/e you could throw on a more aggressive cam and adjustable cam gears. Cam should give you 4-10 hp depending on engine and set up. But like Seoul said, you are not going to see any serious power without either going FI or swapping for a better engine (ie - b18cX or and H22). But with just boltons and good tuning you should be able to net anywhere from 25-40 hp.

Hey Seoul - no 'fucking' bypass on your CAI...have you had any water probs or do you live in a dry area?

civicx_xracer
04-12-2002, 12:21 AM
I'm not trying to start anything but you are totally contradicting yourself. You say you want more power but won't go FI. You say you want it 2 be faster but don't want to spend a lot of $$$. Make a choice then. if you want to work on your internals then as mentioned you could get a cam shaft, total seal piston rings, and put a larger head gasket on to up your compression. But don't think you're gonna be bustin' 12's with that. Port and polish always works nice. Mil the head and a 5 angle valve grind. Port match your intake...getting any ideas yet. just don't think for a minute that you can do any of these without $$$ and knowledge.

kane2g
04-12-2002, 02:00 AM
put a larger head gasket on to up your compression
larger head gasket?? you mean thicker? if so, how does that up you CR? if anything it will lower it.

luti
04-13-2002, 03:55 PM
larger head gasket?? you mean thicker? if so, how does that up you CR? if anything it will lower it.

Thats what I thought. Thinner gasket should raise compression by shrinking the actual room in the chamber.

Add your comment to this topic!