Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Blazer - Vacuum Air Leak From Switch, Air Only Comes From Floor!

Chandler327
05-11-2005, 03:43 PM
No matter where i select air to blow through my Blazer it only comes out through floor and and little bit out of the defrost. I took my dash apart and i can feel and hear the leak coming from behind the selector switch. Do i just need to replace my switch??? Any feedback would be great!!!

BlazerLT
05-12-2005, 12:54 AM
check all the vacuum lines going to the vacuum ball in the driver's side corner of the engine bay.

Rick Norwood
05-12-2005, 08:19 AM
check all the vacuum lines going to the vacuum ball in the driver's side corner of the engine bay.

It sure is funny that the same issues always seem to come in groups. I think this is the 4th post in the last few days with this same basic problem. It is similar to heater core issues in the winter I guess.

Just a quick little tip to anyone whose Air Conditioner, Vents or basically just the fan seems to only blow through the defroster vents or the floor vents and doesn't blow through the dash vents, check all of the vacuum lines from the intake manifold to the vacuum ball for leaks or disconnects. Also check the vacuum ball for cracks. If you need a new vacuum ball, try the wrecking yard before you pay top dollar at the dealership.

Rick :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!