Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Volvo - hard starts and hesitates when accelerating

Jutboy
05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
I have a 1985 Volvo 244GL 2.3L. The main problem I have is very hard start when the engine is cold. Its been get worst over the last 5 days (before which I have had no problem - even through winter - now its pretty warm around 45F). I have to give it gas for a long while or the rpms get too low and it stalls. If its only been sitting (since last run) for an hour its not a problem but in the morning and after work (8 hours) it does it again. It also has been idoling pretty high somtimes...not very often it will sit at 2,000 instead of normal 1

The other complaint I have is a hesistation I have when accelerating or going up a hill. What I mean is it will have power and then it stops for about a second or two then picks up. It creates a slight rocking motion. This happens all the time but mostly when its cold.

I figure its a fuel problem, I just changed the fuel and air filter, the oil and check all fluids including transmission. Im not sure where to go next. Please be as detailed as possible in causes and fixs.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate any help - Justin

Jutboy
05-14-2005, 08:32 PM
nothing?

Add your comment to this topic!