a blow to the ricers

drftk1d
05-10-2005, 09:06 PM
from
http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?ID=61857

Issue: Equipment
Bill: SB 4740
Description: Bans the sale and use of spinner hubcaps.
Author: Senator Sabini
Intro Date: 18-Apr-05
Bill Type: Two Year Bill from 2005

this is in New York, not sure about any other states.
lets hope it passes.

clawhammer
05-10-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm not a fan of spinners at all, but I hope it doesn't pass. What's going to be next? No aftermarket exhausts? Absolutely no mods to your car? They should leave our cars alone, they just need to make sure that it's roadworthy, as in it has all the basic stuff, like bumpers, hood, etc.

Andydg
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Why would they ban them???

drftk1d
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
spinners are okay, its just spinner hubcaps that arent. i've seen them fall off a car on the highway in person. plus they are annoying when light reflects off of them.

evil6remlin
05-10-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm not a fan of spinners at all, but I hope it doesn't pass. What's going to be next? No aftermarket exhausts? Absolutely no mods to your car? They should leave our cars alone, they just need to make sure that it's roadworthy, as in it has all the basic stuff, like bumpers, hood, etc.

:iagree: All this would do is open the door for all sorts of anti-modding legislation. As much as I dislike all the tacky riceyness of a lot of cars out on the road. It's their car and as long as its safe they should be allowed to do it. Hurting them would also hurt all the serious modders who strive for performance.

Andydg
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
spinners are okay, its just spinner hubcaps that arent. i've seen them fall off a car on the highway in person. plus they are annoying when light reflects off of them.

I've seen plenty of hubcaps that come off that aren't spinner ones. Besides light reflects just as much if not worse off of just about any other chrome rims...usually more since they're bigger. I just don't see a good real reason to ban them...it's just gonna lead to something bad.

CivRacer95
05-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Shit, there goes half of Peps Boys merchandise right there. Business is looking bad for the future.

chevytrucks92
05-10-2005, 11:09 PM

Agreed.

And I think spinners are really cool on trucks and SUVs. Of course they are only cool for show purposes becuase I reckon those things are very heavy!

kris
05-10-2005, 11:20 PM
So spinners are for ricers?

TatII
05-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Agreed.

And I think spinners are really cool on trucks and SUVs. Of course they are only cool for show purposes becuase I reckon those things are very heavy!

damn straigh they're heavy. at my work place we also build dub trucks and we have trucks with 26in rims and with tires, they weight 110lbs per wheel. the average size wheel is in style now is 23-24 inches. and spinners alone will weight 20-30lbs. they are heavy man.

Igovert500
05-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Repost

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=403089

Zgringo
05-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Because of my age I speak with authority, any time the government gets involved in anything the'll fuck it and you up. One of the 3 greatest lies is, "I'm from the government, I'm here to help you". Pure BS.
It's time for everyone to eMail, call or anything it takes to rid or system of these people claiming to be looking out for your best interest.
It's like gun laws. guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Most elected officials are living proof that the Native American Indian had sex with the buffalo.

CivRacer95
05-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Most elected officials are living proof that the Native American Indian had sex with the buffalo.

Which Natives would those be by chance??

CassiesMan
05-11-2005, 06:40 PM

Thats going into the sig...and guns dont kill people, a lead jacketed projectile traveling at supersonic velocities slamming into a vital organ and creating a wound of substantial degree resulting in the loss of quantites of blood fluid and plasma kills people.

And I dont race, I simply compette in compitions for velocity and or acceleration against another competitor over a set distance on a street and or highway setting.

In all seriousness, I'm pretty much against this in all ways. I mean, yeah, its a shot in the nuts to ricers...but how long till they go modified exhausts, or anythign else like that?

TheStang00
05-11-2005, 07:34 PM
yo civ i like your new sig, but anyway on topic, im sure there is some saftey issue with them, like drftk1d said hes seen them fly off on the highway personally. i dont think theyd ban them for being retarded. but then again its in new york. and that state is extremely screwed up. they have so many taxes it could bankrupt bill gates and they have a lot of really really dumb laws.

drftk1d
05-11-2005, 07:46 PM
So spinners are for ricers?

Description: Bans the sale and use of spinner hubcaps.

obviously you guys are missing the point.

lets analyze:

spinners
http://www.hubcitysports.com/merchant/324/images/site/Escalade%20lg.JPG

not for ricers.

spinner hubcaps
http://golfcarworld.com/store_images/DSCN0379.jpg
for ricers with corollas on 15s ONLY.

understand now?

Thourun
05-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Spiners are annoying and ugly IMO, at least every incarnation thatt I've seen. Rice IMO, especially the cheep plastic hub caps that break all the time, its funny when one bit breaks off and it dosent spin right.

Zgringo
05-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Which Natives would those be by chance??
I guess the ones that slept with the buffalo, I don't know, I didn't have a spotting scope back then, and I was busy greeting people greeting people getting off the Mayflower.

Thourun
05-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Lol, indians.. I wouldent be here without them, one dude saved my ancestors (from other injuns) 10 generations back.

TatII
05-11-2005, 08:05 PM
zgringo, civracer is native american man.

CivRacer95
05-11-2005, 08:09 PM
^ True story.

Must've been those damn Cherokee injuns. They slept with everything. That's why half the white man can claim to be indians.

kris
05-11-2005, 08:11 PM
zgringo, civracer is native american man.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/kris/kris/+junk/wrestlerowned.jpg

CivRacer95
05-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Lol, indians.. I wouldent be here without them, one dude saved my ancestors (from other injuns) 10 generations back.

That was my great grandpa "Shits-on-Gringos". He was the man. He is missed.

xXxRocker5150
05-11-2005, 08:52 PM
^hahahahaha Pwned!!!!!

drftk1d
05-11-2005, 08:53 PM
ouchies!

Zgringo
05-12-2005, 05:44 PM
^ True story.

Must've been those damn Cherokee injuns. They slept with everything. That's why half the white man can claim to be indians.
Glad you cleared that up for me. Is it really half? I figured with all the people claiming to be Indian or Itailan I'm a minority.

That was my great grandpa "Shits-on-Gringos". He was the man. He is missed.

Yea, I remember "Shits-on-Gringos will, and yes he's missed, we called him, 'ol stinky butt, what a guy.

CBFryman
05-12-2005, 07:08 PM

Wrong...
Guns dont kill people.... i do.. :lol2:

But they should leave little rice boys and their little spinning POS alone....i think they are hilarious, a friend of mine even put some on his Toyota Terecel as a joke. as for htem comming off, hub caps come off, its that simple. one my moms stock hub caps on her old Cavi came off when i was doing a little hand brake drift fun in the grandparents feild when i was like 13 :biggrin:.
I read a bunch of thoes others as well. it lookes like they are trying to completely remove all common moditications in NY. a lot where about windows....here in florida if the cop pulls you over (you can only be pulled over for a moving violation or other violation such as sound ordinance from stereo exaust or otherwise. non moving violations can not warrant making a stop :iceslolan however he can put it down as a "routien stop" :uhoh: ) and then finds that your windows are too dark for comfert he can write you a ticket, you can contest it and have tests done to prive its legal, however they usually wont even write you a ticket unless yo ucant see inside at all when you are standing right next to it. at which point you are almost guraronteed to be below past the 35% mark...

Zgringo
05-12-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Zgringo

Wrong...
Guns dont kill people.... i do.. :lol2:

WTF CB, aren't you people? If you are then the above statement is correct. People do kill people.

Add your comment to this topic!