Straight through glass pack mufflers!

brunetp
05-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Is this kind of muffler better than a straight pipe it?? i'm afraid if i take my straight pipe off and put this muffler on it will take that hollow sound of a v8 out and muffle it? it's a 3.8L . I was also thinking of just putting on one of those hollow Boom Tubes where the muffler was, like a 3 or 4 incher, what do you think of that?. Also does a straight through glass pack kind of muffler increase pressure, helping force exhaust gases out increasing horsepower?

Opinions would be apreciated!! thanx dudes !

kahjdh
05-29-2005, 10:04 AM
sorry about the late post but i finally got to doing the brake line on my car and found out that i had one. The wagon has a 307 and it does sound good but i dont know about a 3800.

462cid
05-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Is this kind of muffler better than a straight pipe it?? i'm afraid if i take my straight pipe off and put this muffler on it will take that hollow sound of a v8 out and muffle it? it's a 3.8L . I was also thinking of just putting on one of those hollow Boom Tubes where the muffler was, like a 3 or 4 incher, what do you think of that?. Also does a straight through glass pack kind of muffler increase pressure, helping force exhaust gases out increasing horsepower?

Opinions would be apreciated!! thanx dudes !

There are better performance mufflers than 'glass packs'

Are you sure they really are glass packs? If they are, bear in mind that traditionally, the fibreglass packing tends to blow out sooner or later

Don't know what you mean by a v8's hollow sound, but with my 3" collectors going into 2.5" head pipes through Dynomax mufflers and through the rest of the 2.5" system, that thing sounds like a stock car at idle and sweet under power.

You don't want the create a lot of backpressure if it's going to be too much, and you don't want to be too free flowing if it's going tos crew up your scavenging. have you called up a company like Borla and just asked their opinion?

Add your comment to this topic!