Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tire redux

Faze3
05-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Ok, so I've got what I'm assuming are the factory original (I bought used, so bare with me) General Ameri 660*AS treads. I've about got the funds together (part-time seasonal gig testing web pages for a university - tires ain't cheap!!) :D and I'm not sure what I should get.

Last time I had to buy tires, they ran me $130 ea for Michelins, IIRC.

I'm looking for a decent street tire. 255/75R16 is what I have now. I plan on sticking with this as this is what I believe the spare to be as well (need to check) and I'm *not* buying 5 tires.

My inspection is up end of June, so I've got until then to shop around. Cheapest I found was a set of treads at Wally World for $450 with roadhazard and mount/balance. I need to physically check Sam's. Their webpage doesn't reflect the stock at my local store. But I can't do that now 'cause I'm here typing this and it's 0645. :D

I already looked at Tirerack and it was more expensive to mail-order. $80 s/h to my zipcode plus $80 mount/balance even with each tire only costing $74.99.

Thanks!
Mike

jeverett
05-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Have you checked out Cooper tires? I like them, and they're not as pricey as some of the other "big" name brands.

Add your comment to this topic!