Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

92 Seville acting strange ( dash resets?)

Haileys_daddy
05-09-2005, 09:48 PM
My 1992 Cadi Seville is doing this :

While I am driving ..all of a sudden my Temp (inside and out) and my fuel economy all look like this -- . and the blower is on front defog blowing like crazy .......I cant shut it off.
It just does it since I had my last oil change ..... I either have to drive and wait, or shut it off and then wait a few minutes . When it turn it back on its fine for a while.

My spedo and RMP as well as fuel gauge are Analog so thats ok ..its just all the digital stuff on the dash......

Im going to see if the "off and warmer" diagnostic will work on my car..... the only trouble codes I get is the famous "service ride control"

dave6405
02-08-2006, 01:07 PM
Same thing on my 89 Deville had to replace the BCM unit

DFBonnett
02-09-2006, 07:22 AM
My 1992 Cadi Seville is doing this :

While I am driving ..all of a sudden my Temp (inside and out) and my fuel economy all look like this -- . and the blower is on front defog blowing like crazy .......I cant shut it off.
It just does it since I had my last oil change ..... I either have to drive and wait, or shut it off and then wait a few minutes . When it turn it back on its fine for a while.

My spedo and RMP as well as fuel gauge are Analog so thats ok ..its just all the digital stuff on the dash......

Im going to see if the "off and warmer" diagnostic will work on my car..... the only trouble codes I get is the famous "service ride control"

Try cleaning all your connections from the battery out as far as you can reach to include as many grounds as you can get to.
Re: the ride control, you may want to review this.....
http://www.caddyinfo.com/disableccr.htm

ilgoldstein
05-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Check those battery cable terminals and clean them up very well. I had recurrant problems with my 89 because the two positive terminals were losing contact intermittantly. I actually cut the plastic off one to assure a close and tight fit. Cleaned them up, made sure they were snug, treated them with something to protect against corroding and never had another problem.

Bad connections make electronic dashes/radios very unhappy.

At the very least, the car will start right up for when you drive to the car stereo shop!

Add your comment to this topic!