Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Anti Theft Codes for Radio

tojosa
05-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi all! Got a 99 6 cyl ex. Owners manual says if I disconnect the battery I will have to reinstall code in radio before it will work. Bought the car used and didnt get any codes. Where can I get the code? Thanks in advance.

Igovert500
05-09-2005, 04:01 PM
If you do a search this will come up a couple thousand times. You need to take the serial number from the back of the radio, and go to a dealership to get the code. They may try to charge you, and they may ask for proof of ownership.

lorunner
05-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Or just PM me the serial number and i will be more than happy to get the code for you.

jeffcoslacker
05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
That's gotta be one of the biggest dealer scams in history.

Nobody steals stock stereo units. Most people wouldn't take one free. So there is no reason for it. Yet they have no problem with charging you $50 to reset it. (at least GM does)

I guess yours are less complicated. GM's you have to press buttons in a certain sequence, get two sets of numbers from it, call an automated system and enter a dealer code (top secret!) and enter the codes you retrieved, then the system gives you a sequence of numbers that have to be entered into the radio twice by a bafflingly complex procedure, then a sequence of button pushes, and it's unlocked. :screwy:

Luckily, I have a "mole" at the Pontiac dealer :naughty: :grinyes: :biggrin:

kenwoody2005
05-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Or just PM me the serial number and i will be more than happy to get the code for you.
is there any way to get the code without the serial number? I was given a older deck (prob 93 or 94) and it has no serial number on it. Thanks

blacknight
05-20-2005, 12:11 PM
is there any way to get the code without the serial number? I was given a older deck (prob 93 or 94) and it has no serial number on it. Thanks

Every stock radio has a serial number.
It could be on the back of the unit or on the side of it. But it should be there.

Especially with the 5th gen Accords (94-97) there should be a serial numbercause that's when Honda first programmed the anti theft system on the Accords

lorunner
05-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Should be there. Its on a white label with a model number and other useless info. If not then i would say your probably out of luck

kenwoody2005
05-22-2005, 11:37 PM
I guess someone pulled it off because I can see a square that probably was a serial number or something. Went ahead and ordered a new one off of eBay(should be in soon). I hope that lorunner can still get the codes via serial number. Thanks

lorunner
05-23-2005, 04:25 PM
i can get you a radio code no problem just let me know.

kenwoody2005
05-26-2005, 08:24 PM
i just PM'd you, thanks

Add your comment to this topic!