STP gas treatment

BamaRodeo
05-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Will this stuff help the performance of a Rodeo?

SOLSTER
05-09-2005, 12:21 AM
I can't say about STP.

BG44K has gotten some very good reviews on this forum, you might try to search BG44K.

There are some other products regularly mentioned, Seafoam and Chevron Techron, a search on those was also useful for me when I first came on board.

Good Luck!

SOLSTER

Cat Fuzz
05-09-2005, 01:12 AM
STP is a maintainence additive. It will help keep an already clean fuel system clean. It won't make your car run better, but it might prevent it from running bad later.

Ramblin Fever
05-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Can't say on the STP, but I ran a can of the BG44K about 7K miles ago, and noticed a difference.

First can of any cleaner I've ever added in 137K miles. Was a bit leary at first, as everyone on this board mentioned that the BG44K may loosen up too many particles in the fuel tank since I'd never ran a cleaner before - but not a single problem and it does have more pick-up.

D-FOSSE
07-01-2005, 08:51 AM
Also a good product is any kind of fuel injection cleaner i get better mpg and alot better pickup

dave1645
07-16-2005, 09:37 AM
I have been using the STp fuel injector cleaner that is so called
made wit Jet fuel , it make my 98 passport run like a champ, Thats even better than normally run Try it you'll like it

rodeo02
07-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I have been using the STp fuel injector cleaner that is so called made wit Jet fuel...

Heheheee.. It's all about the marketing I guess! Keep in mind that jet fuel is pretty much just a kerosene / diesel fuel. Those fuel injector cleaners wont hurt a thing, but I'm not so sure they do anything at all.
G/luck
Joel

ashb2223
07-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Interestingly enough, I tried the "jet fuel' STP treatment and the stuff worked like a champ. I have 2001 Rodeo with 47000 miles on it. I bought it with 44000. It got about 240 miles per tank city and 280-300 highway. I thought this was decent, sounded typical of what I've read here. Only problem I noticed with the truck was that it liked to hesitate right after a cold start while in reverse (backing out of a space), and also had some valve noise while under a strain (low RPM's uphill, etc). First of all I did the sea foam in the oil, then replaced it with a syntec blend. Then ran the STP in a full tank on the interstate, for the entire tank at about 75-80 mph (on a long trip, no stops). The tank lasted 365 miles with the A/C on the whole time. Much better, and I haven't noticed the hesitation but it's only been a couple days so we'll see. The valve noise is slightly there, but not nearly as bad. I think a couple more oil changes might do the trick. Anyone else had similar results or any ideas on the valve noise?

Add your comment to this topic!