bad engine?

daninpa
05-08-2005, 10:34 PM
ok all, i need a answer, i have a 1996 jimmy 4.3 and 2 months ago oil blew out through lines and filter area....i took it to the garage and they raplaced oil lines, check valve ,and oil pump.....of course you all know how garages are it was a well its this then this became that....anyway when i picked it up it still had high psi..... and this am (only 2800 miles since it was repaired)the same thing happened again, oil started pouring out of the filter area another blown line??? can anyone tell me what the hell is wrong with this damn truck????????

JimmySLS
05-09-2005, 09:17 PM
DId they replace just the cooler lines or did they replace the ones going from the block to the oil filter also..Did they replace the part where the oil filter screws on to also?I am really sorry to hear that this happened again...Do the parts have a warranty or does the garage you took it to?They should repair it again for you free of charge because that is ridiculous..I would talk to them about it and see if they will work out something with you....

herkyhawki
05-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Check to see if oil cooler is plugged. Remove the radiator(oil cooler is part of radiator) and take it to a radiator shop for flushing.

94 Jimmy
05-10-2005, 04:42 PM
How high is your oil pressure? You said the pressure was high, mine runs about 40 PSI, but it's on an engine with 200,000+ miles. The oil lines should be good to at least 175 PSI. In the Jimmy's I've seen it's the crimpted ends that seem to leak, not the hoses. But as has been pointed out there are two sets of hoses, one from the engine to the remote oil filter and another from the oil filter to the oil cooler in the radiator.
See ya

Add your comment to this topic!